National Attention for SDSU/USD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Attention for SDSU/USD?

Here is a link and the post from DII basketball website.

http://campus.umr.edu/sports/bbindex.html

SDSU-USD: A Rivalry's Last Days?

South Dakota State (with Marquise Richardson, pictured left) and South Dakota (with Tommie King, pictured right) have a long tradition of success in the NCAA Division II ranks.

South Dakota has eight NCAA Tournament appearances to its name, including the division's second national title in 1958. Its northern in-state rival has made it to the tournament 23 times and also has a national title (1963) and runner-up finish (1985) to show for its efforts. This season, both teams are currently ranked in the top five in the NABC/Division II Bulletin rankings while playing in the highly competitive North Central Conference.

As the teams prepare for this season's first head-to-head meeting in this rivalry Friday in Brookings, S.D. -- where the third-ranked Jackrabbits have won 26 straight games -- it could also be the last season in which these teams will be rivals in the same light. Although they will always be rivals in many respects, SDSU's upcoming move to Division I next season will change the dynamics of any future meetings between the schools.

So for those attending the game in Brookings Friday between the SDSU and the No. 5-ranked Coyotes...or in Vermillion for the Feb. 28 rematch...or for a potential meeting between the teams should one take place in the conference or national tournament in March: enjoy them. They should be fun for everyone involved.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: National Attention for SDSU/USD?

Very cool. This was my favorite part:

South Dakota has eight NCAA Tournament appearances to its name, including the division's second national title in 1958. Its northern in-state rival has made it to the tournament 23 times and also has a national title (1963) and runner-up finish (1985) to show for its efforts.

USD 8 - SDSU 23 very nice! 8)

Go State!

Comment

Nice article in the Fargo Forum today regarding SDSU battles Division I with one word: WIN. Someone will have to share with me how you can post those articles here.

Comment

JACKGUY,

On my computer, you highlight the text you want, right click, hit copy, go to where you want to deposit it right click again, hit paste and you should be all done.

Comment

Thanks. Departing for the big show!

Comment

Working...
          X