Why only 8,500 fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why only 8,500 fans

Not that 8,500 is not impressive but whatever happened to the 9,000 plus, was I just hallucinating. Someone please shed some light.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Why only 8,500 fans

Until SDSU has a way to know how many students are going to show up, sell outs will be an inexact science. Frost Seats 9,000 and the game was a sell out but. . .

Comment

Apparently capacity nowadays is 8,500.

Now in the olden days, they used to announce on the PA system "please make room on the bleachers, there's still people in line."

Today, there were still walkways in the upper bleachers.

What's a more pressing question is...why was the crowd so mellow? We (team plus crowd) had numerous opportunities to absolutely blow the Coyotes out of Frost, but the crowd just kind of sat there and watched. If it were Kansas U's Allen Fieldhouse, those 10 point SDSU leads would have been 15-20 points with the crowd really getting into it.

SDSU's fans need to rediscover the killer instinct.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

When the lower leve chairbacks on the north side were put in that cut out a ton of seating. Add that to the fact that the police and fire marshall require those pathways in the bleachers and you have a decreased capacity.

Like someone else said, until they can get a handle on the number of students showing up predicting the sellout number will be an exact science. The athletic department does the correct thing by cutting off the number of tickets sold (based on estimating how many students they think will show up). The last thing they need is to have to turn students away at the door who are holding their season ticket (student ID) in their hand.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
          Apparently capacity nowadays is 8,500.

Now in the olden days, they used to announce on the PA system "please make room on the bleachers, there's still people in line."

Today, there were still walkways in the upper bleachers.

What's a more pressing question is...why was the crowd so mellow?  We (team plus crowd) had numerous opportunities to absolutely blow the Coyotes out of Frost, but the crowd just kind of sat there and watched.  If it were Kansas U's Allen Fieldhouse, those 10 point SDSU leads would have been 15-20 points with the crowd really getting into it.

SDSU's fans need to rediscover the killer instinct.
          The crowd was mellow, I am not sure why.  Was it the great start that USD had, too much cheering for the Women's game, just the expectation that we would beat USD, . . . I'm just not sure.  To me by the time that the Jacks starting playing well it seemed like the crowd knew we were going to win.  It was a wierd deal, I expected a Cal-State Hayward kind of crowd and got a REALLY BIG DWU crowd instead.   ???

Comment

Great win. I too felt the crowd was somewhat subdued and have heard more noise in Frost from a much smaller crowd. I think the combination of the number of fans who attended the womens game and may have run out of steam when the mens game started and the number of season ticket holders who are older and don't make the kind of noise many of the students make. I thought there was more electricity during the womens game. I think the cheerleaders are really lacking the ability of getting the fans into the game. I can't recall the Tell the people who your for chant very often?

Comment

Working...
            X