Imming needs a color guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imming needs a color guy

As I was not able to attend the game I listened to WNAXs broadcast again (from my truck, in my coveralls).  I like Steve but he really needs someone to add some spunk to the broadcast.  A few interesting stats/tidbits about SDSU, the players and their families, stats and records, etc... would be nice.  There definitely needs to be an upgrade to the radio and webcast before the move to DI.  I am not saying nix Emming but add some color.  Am I wrong?

What about the webcast that Mich Tech had?  Can we get that?  Perhaps the webcasts should be controlled by the university and sponsorships sold.  I suspect we could make more money than WNAX is shelling out and if not we could negotiate for more from them.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Emming (sp?) needs a color guy

Imming.

Yeah, Steve could use a good color guy...but is much better solo than having a bad color guy next to him.

In fact, he's one of the better radio basketball talents around...maybe not quite the level of Bob Davis who does the Kansas Jayhawks, but not that far away. Bob has Max Falkenstein, a long-time KU announcer. It would be great to come up with an SDSU equivalent to Max.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My only wish for improving a Steve Imming broadcast, more frequent score updates. There are times during both football and basketball games that it seems like ten minutes will go by without an update of what the score is. It's frustrating if you join the game in progress (like I did last night).

Comment

I've stated on this board before that I think Steve could use a sidekick for Basketball and a replace Jerry Oster for football who knows nothing and adds nothing. I love listening to Steve and think he does a nice job. I would like to see more pre-game coverage with player interviews and opposing coaches interviews. WNAX needs to step it up and not believe the way they have always done it is satisfactory in the future. They are the voice of the Jacks and need to expand coverage. Would also like to see a Coaches show on radio and tv. Maybe they could get the coaches show on the new Victory Sports network.

Comment

Re: Imming needs a color guy

Excellent suggestions again, Jackguy. There definitely should be a coaches show for football and mens and womens basketball on the radio at least, and probably on T.V. KELO use to have a coaches show for football but that is long gone. Around here (SW MN) the NSIC has a weekly T.V. broadcast which features athletes and coaches. Who would be "in charge" of establishing these things in the athletic department?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X