Unpredictable NCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpredictable NCC

I guess this is why they play the games.

Men's Basketball
    * North Dakota State 75
    Minnesota State 70

* Augustana 63
    South Dakota 61

* St. Cloud State 85
    North Dakota 55

* Nebraska-Omaha 107
    South Dakota State (OT) 104

Who would have predicted that NDSU going to MN and UNO playing SDSU would be tied at 2-0 at the top of the conference? We should still win this thing but need to look in the mirror and ask for a consistent effort each and every game. Young players take sometime to develop and all the pre-conference games in the world do not mimic the NCC. Its a steep learning curve with little room for error.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Unpredictable NCC

Saturday night was not a good night for the top 10 teams.

1. Southern Indiana
    2. Humboldt State
    3. South Dakota State
    5. South Dakota
    7. Queens (N.C.)
    9. Nebraska-Kearney

6 of the 10 lost
    Go State! Go State!

Comment

This makes for an interesting poll come tuesday
      UNK losing to Fort Lewis? thats a help

Comment

Yes it is!  That and another USD loss makes things look a whole lot brighter this morning! After all we are still Jackrabbits!    Like Jackmd said (in so many words), on a different thread, the Big Prize is still out there for us.

Go State Go State!

Comment

Just a brief thought on last weekend's loss to UNO. Coach Nagy has said something many times and I believe it gets lost. That being, with the departure of UNC and Morningside, State had to schedule four more pre-conference games. Obviously, we were 4-0 in those games. It's almost like we started out 4-0 in the conference. This might be a bit of a stretch but I think you know what I'm getting at. The regional ranking committee pays little, if any, attention as to who sits where in the NCC. USD found that out a few years ago. We are in great shape.

With respect to Graham from UNO. He's only had three great games in his career ... all against SDSU. He did nothing at Augie the night before. So, Graham joins that Australian kid and Ryan Miller as having incredible nights against SDSU in Frost. As for me, I'll take Q every time. He is consistant. Nagy made the right choice.

Comment

I am convinced Graham has an adrenalin savings account and expenditures are reserved for the SDSU game. ;D : :P

The Omaha paper has commented on Graham's shooting slump. Ty apparently was saving it for SDSU.

No question Nagy made the right choice with Q.

One other good choice made was Cody Volmer over Chad Mustard, who went to UND, and I recall Chad going from anger to tears in that one SDSU game, the last of his senior year. The entire UND team was going in the wrong direction.

This tells us something about the quality of the program,

Comment

I too will take Q, He is a great ball handler and is really turning into a great scorer also. I read on the game recap that UNO scored on 20 of their last 21 possesions. and that was with the Jacks playing pretty good defense. I don't know if I have ever seen a team go off with that kind of a scoring barrage. Alumguy is right. Ty Graham shows up against the Jacks more than any other team. UNO will take some lumps in the conference this year. SDSU is still in the regional drivers seat.

Comment

The decision to take one player over another one is always difficult. In football, how many Divison I programs kicked themselves for not taking a Timmerman or Vinatieri? It would keep me up at night.

SDSUfan indicated Cody Volmer was chosen over Chad Mustard. If memory serves me correct, the choice was between Mustard and Bill Fischer. Mustard deperately wanted to be a Jackrabbit but we only had one scholarship available. As it turned out, Mustard's UND team only defeated SDSU one time the entire time he was there and that was during a regional game in his senior year.

Comment

Alum guy:
                  You are probably right on that choice. Either way it was the right choice. Mustard was a cousin to Gerry Gdowski our offensive coordinator under Mike Daly. The impression was that he did want to be Jack was what I found out second and third hand too.

Agreed about scholarship choices, they are very difficult and some do come back to bother us as in the case of Graham. Lets hope luck has run out for him against SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                  X