Mankato/St Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mankato/St Cloud

If any of you have not made the Minnesota trip you should go for the final one next weekend. I live in Minneapolis so its an easy trip, but many from South Dakota take in the Mankato game on Friday, shop in the Twin Cities on Sat and than head up to St Cloud Sat night. Jacks always bring big crowds and I'm sure next weeked will not be any different.

Re: Mankato/St Cloud

I used to live in Minneapolis and made those trips a number of times. They are well worth the trip. A word of warning, however -- don't expect much of a facility in St. Cloud. I took my daughter to a regional game there a number of years ago and we skipped stopping for dinner to make the opening tipoff. I was fully expecting to grab some hot dogs at the concession stand at the game. Guess not! They were selling candy and cans of pop off a folding table. Of course, my four-year-old daughter loved eating candy for dinner that night!

Comment

I can't say I left Mankato last night terribly impressed with MSU-Mankato. I reaquainted myself with how terrible of a drive it is to Mankato, especially late at night. UND played worse then I have seen them in a couple of years, at least 25 turnovers, and somehow it was still a 5 point game with about 5 minutes left. A few tidbits about the Mavs-they score well in transition, Staten may be the best player in the league, he plays all over, Anderson is excellent at the 3 spot but struggles on D, their guard play is shakey, they are very small, and Ziemke (who is palying Center now) is a hot head as always, they tend to stray from the offense in half-court sets and rely on the individual rather then the team. All in all, SDSU should beat them by double digits. Size is a problem for Mankato, as UND's two big guys had something like 15 and 26. It may just have been a case of 2 teams with the jitters, but wow was it an ugly all-around game.

Comment

Crashola-When was this regional? In the 1980s? I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years and you could always get pizza at Hallenbeck. In case you forget to feed your family again you can now get smoothies, mini-doughnuts, pop, water, popcorn, candy and pizza.

Now, as far as Hallenbeck Hall goes, it is a great old gym. but don,t get gaught on the ends of the upper deck because there is a big support beam in the way. But the center three or sections are ok. Hallenbeck has is a new floor, lower level seating, and sound system.

MSU has great new arena but the sound in there is dead and they don't draw as well as SCSU. We had 4300 last night (thats a good crowd for us) and with the crowd SDSU brings it could be a VERY nice crowd. There is no home hockey game so thats a good thing. Hockey can take from a SCSU basketballl crowd.

Comment

I agree they have made some nice improvements to Hallenback Hall. SDSU always has a nice contingent of fans and it's usually a spirited game as last year when our injury depleted team was able to take the Huskies to overtime on a long shot from the corner by the Jacks before they lost in overtime. The concessions are pretty weak. I enjoy going up to St. Cloud especially when the Basketball game doesn't have to compete with Hockey on the same night. SDSU and SCSU is always a very physically game. Women should not have any problem. I hope we see the return of Jones as I think he could have a big game in both of this weekends games.

Comment

Working...
          X