Chris Solari is a Rabbit hater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Solari is a Rabbit hater

I have read a lot of Chris' work but Sunday's article confirms that Solari is a rabbit hater. You don't have to go beyond the first paragraph to see it. How do you "survive" and "gut out" a 42 point win ???

Jack women survive cold start
    Chris Solari
    Argus Leader

published: 1/11/2004

BROOKINGS - South Dakota State's women' basketball team overcame a cold start and the hot shooting of Nebraska-Omaha, gutting out a 104-62 victory Saturday at Frost Arena.

I know the Argus is owned by a USD grad but come on. :

Go State!

Re: Chris Solari is a Rabbit hater

It's not so much that Solari is a rabbit hater, he's just a poor writer. When he really wants to feel self important, he'll come up with some amazingly pointless lead paragraph that has nothing to do with the game.

Apparently, Stu Whitney has the final say in who the Argus hires, and has decided to hire only those people who could not possibly one-up him.

I've never understood why sports writing has almost zero constraints on it. Look at that blowhards KELO TV has -- My god, the sports journalism community here in SD more closely resembles a wet pile of dog vomit the more you look.

But nobody can beat Jon "No Questions" Wilson when it comes to sports reporting.

Here's a typical Andrews interview

Q (Andrews): You played tough out there coach.

A: Yes, we did.

Q: They really put up some good defense.

A: Uh, yes they did.

Q: I never ask questions.

A: No, Jon, you can't seem to do it correctly.

Q: I can't seem to do it correctly.

Notice how normal questions are in fact questions. Andrews is incapable of asking questions. He makes pathetically obvious statements then shoves the microphone back into the coach's face for a response.

Just once I'd like to hear a coach say, "Jon, are you here to give me a handjob, or ask questions? You've only made stupid statements, captain obvious."

Comment

Buster:

You seem to have an inside scoop on the Argus staff. Stu Whitney has been there for some time, what is his background? He seemed to enjoy tearing SDSU apart for going D1. Also if you look at the newroom staff on the Argus site, you see a very unfamilar name as sports editor. I never seen an article by this sports editor and wonder too if he dont HATE STATE and wears one of those Jack Be Nimble T shirts.

Comment

Here is a more accurate description of the game from the Omaha Herald. Solari may want to review this, jackass.

SDSU belts Maverick women

BY ROB WHITE
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

»
        UNO Women's Basketball

BROOKINGS, S.D. - South Dakota State may have had a celebration hangover from the night before, but it's UNO that will have a headache this morning.

NCAA Division II No. 7 SDSU, fresh off a 99-83 victory Friday over fourth-ranked South Dakota, took a little while to get started Saturday night but eventually ran away for a 102-64 victory over the University of Nebraska at Omaha before 1,604 at Frost Arena.

"There was a lot of fatigue," SDSU Coach Aaron Johnston said. "We used a lot of energy Friday night."

Despite leading scorer Lindsey Petersen picking up two fouls in the first 38 seconds, and second-leading scorer J.J. Smith being whistled for her second foul less than five minutes into the game, UNO managed to put up a strong fight early.

After taking a 7-1 lead, the Mavs were outscored 15-0. But the Mavs responded with a 17-4 run and took a 24-20 lead.

"We came out ready to play and did a nice job doing the things we wanted to do in the first half," UNO Coach Lisa Carlsen said. "It got ugly at the end - the last 10 minutes especially."

SDSU, taking advantage of 14 turnovers and a 12-1 advantage in offensive rebounds, built a 46-33 halftime lead. The Mavs suffered their worst defeat of the year and their 10th in a row against teams from NCAA Division II or higher.

"We were all right on offense, but we weren't playing good defense at all," said freshman wing Megan Vogel said.

Vogel had 17 points and 14 rebounds for the defending national champions, who improved to 12-2 overall and 2-0 in the North Central Conference.

"There aren't many freshmen in America who are going to have six double-doubles in eight games," Johnston said.

UNO shot 50 percent from the field, but the difference in sheer numbers of shot attempts caused problems. Because SDSU had a mind-boggling 22-3 advantage in offensive rebounds, and because UNO had 26 turnovers, the Jackrabbits attempted 24 more field goals and 17 more free throws.

"You're not going to overcome that type of deficit unless you shoot about 90 percent," Carlsen said.

Junior forward Raina Tasa, who played for the first time since Dec. 6 in Friday's game at Augustana, scored a season-high 11 points in the first half alone.

Center Sara Myers added 10 points and a team-high seven rebounds for UNO (4-10, 0-2).

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
        X