SDSU vs St. Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU vs St. Cloud

I know everyone is hopping mad, but it's time to move on. We have another game later tonight. It is a rainy yucky day in Kansas City, matching my mood, but my SDSU flag is flying proudly in front of my house. Go Jackrabbits, beat the Huskies!

http://condor.stcloudstate.edu/~spor...tball/mbb.html

Go Blue!

Re: SDSU vs St. Cloud

The worst part of losing last night is that I will have to route for USD tonight.   Sorry Bison.

Men’s Basketball Standings
    NCC Overall
    W L W L
    North Dakota State 3 0 10 6
    Minnesota State 2 1 12 3
    Nebraska-Omaha 2 1 11 4
    St. Cloud State 2 1 11 4
    Augustana 1 2 5 11
    North Dakota 1 2 10 6
    South Dakota State 1 2 17 2
    South Dakota 0 3 10 5

Go State!

Comment

Bad news, St. Cloud is the best 3 Pt. shooting team in the NCC, but they can't rebound (Last in the NCC).

Go State!

Comment

At the half SDSU 36 SCSU 33. Really odd first half. Slow tempo. Not our usual player rotation. Schantz has scored pretty well, but he is about it (not a surprise when you only have 36 points). I did hear caoch say that Andy Moeller was sick yesterday, perhaps he is still trying to shake the effects. Come on Jacks, we need the win!

Go SDSU!

Comment

got some more unconsious shooters what else is new

Where the is our defense?

Comment

Wow, I hear you  ???  

Comment

9 minutes to go in the game and I can't listen to anymore!! This SDSU, Nagy lead team does not defend the 3-point line. It appears that Nagy asks his defenders on the ball to force the dribbler to the baseline. This then forces help to come down from the top, therefore, allowing for open perimeter shots, which in the college ranks are easy 3-pointers. You must force the ball-handler to the middle of the court!! This is a complaint I have had about Nagy's defensive philosophy from the beginning.

I hope the Jacks win this game, but they do not deserve to. It appears that the only one playing with any heart is Schantz. Good luck Jacks.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Time to circle the wagons.  This current SDSU team will not finish above .500 in the NCC and therefore has no shot at the post-season.  The pre NCC-season was apparently a farse and now during the NCC season SDSU has appeared.  There can no longer be any expectations for this team.

This is not to say that I do not support the team, as I will unconditionally, it just means that now no one fears us or expects us to win.  Maybe this will work in our favor, I doubt it.  This team does not lack talent, it lacks pride, spirit, and heart.  I hope they can bounce back next week, otherwise, they are no better than the worst team in the NCC (in fact they might be that right now).  

If any of you would like to offer up excuses I would be willing to take them apart.  This team is terrible right now.

Here are the scores from the NCC tonight: Nice performance by the S.D. schools s far this year, huh? This is not acceptable!!! If you think it is, tell me why. There cannot be one good word to say about this SDSU basketball team right now. I will be cheering for the Jacks next weekend and I hope they can turn things around. I still have confidence in Nagy and the players.

Men's Basketball
                * Minnesota State 108
                Augustana 79
                * North Dakota State 89
                South Dakota 74
                * Nebraska-Omaha 74
                North Dakota 72
                * St. Cloud State 77
                South Dakota State 70

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

The only way to get the best out of somebody is to expect the best out of somebody. I expect the best from Scott Nagy and the SDSU Jackrabbits. Anything less is unacceptable.

I agree with Coach Nagy and other great coaches, the only thing good about losing is the pain you feel when you don't win. Every team should disdain losing for that reason. Losing, 2nd place, is never an acceptable goal.

Comment

It has to be a very quiet bus ride back to Brookings and I think we thought some of the guys were doing okay when in fact they are struggling and the problems were there three weeks ago. These problems have shown their ugly heads in the last three games.

I think Coach Nagy has to get some attention from some of the guys.  

Derrick Schantz is playing with heart, no doubts there. Moeller might not be 100 per cent witht he flu bug, but he surely will recover and lead.

I dont think this was the best officated game either judging by Steve Emming's comments.

Coach Nagy said he did not have a center who is playing up their ability. I do think DeJong seems the closest, but he too is strugglign. I kind of sense that Cerveny bounced back a little tonight, maybe because he got his rear kicked by Nagy today, I dont know.  Lets see what happens this weekend.

Coach Nagy used to tell his teams to not get on the bus unless they thought they could win two games.  Its been a while since he has said that in a pre or post game interview.

I think Coach is right on when he confessed to not be hard on these guys and that may be the problem.  Joe Green and the other two are going to grow from this experience.  Nagy should play last years walk ons Hokanson, Keiver and Gass if that is what it takes to get the other  guys motivated.

I guess we all need to step back and relax. It just college kids playing with a round ball.  Our institution will survive no matter what the out come is this year season. I am hopeful that we will see quality people signed starting in April.

Comment

Make it stop. . .make it stop! This is supposed to be our time of the year but the pain is too much. :P :-[ :-/ I am not ready to talk rationally about what is wrong with our Jackrabbits, and I need to get ready for church. Here is the Argus story so that we have some facts as to what the heck is going on .

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Sundayarticle3.shtml

Jackrabbits drop third straight with loss to St. Cloud
                      FROM STAFF REPORTS

published: 1/18/2004

USD, Augustana also fall in NCC

South Dakota State suffered its third straight loss Saturday night, falling to St. Cloud State 77-70 in North Central Conference men's basketball in St. Cloud, Minn.

The Jackrabbits dropped to 17-3 overall and 1-3 in the NCC.

SDSU led 36-33 at halftime, but St. Cloud State (12-4, 3-1) took the lead by stringing together five straight 3-pointers, getting the lead for good on a trifecta by Alex Carlson that made it 58-56.

The Huskies had nine 3-pointers in the game and were 7-for-10 from beyond the arc in the second half. Carlson led St. Cloud State with 22 points and seven assists, while Nate Miller scored 16 and Matt Siegle had 14.

Derrick Schantz led the Jacks with 22 points while Andy Moeller scored 11. SDSU shot 24-for-61 (.393) for the game, while the Huskies were 22-for-57 (.386).

SDSU's losing streak is its longest opening the conference season 0-3 in 2000.

South Dakota State (17-3, 1-3 NCC)

Jared Gass 0-2 0-0 2, Derrick Schantz 8-11 3-6 22, Jared DeJong 3-8 0-3 6, Andy Moeller 4-18 2-4 11, Marquise Richardson 3-6 0-0 6, Luke Geiver 1-1 0-0 3, Brady Hokenson 0-0 0-0 0, Jake Wenig 1-4 3-4 6, Calvin Melaney 1-4 2-2 4, Joe Green 2-4 5-10 9, Ben Beran 0-1 0-0 0, Josh Cerveny 1-2 1-2 3. Totals 24-61 16-31 70.

St. Cloud State (12-4, 3-1 NCC)

Steve Trull 2-3 2-4 6, Brad Evans 3-9 0-0 7, Matt Siegle 3-6 5-6 14, Alex Carlson 5-12 9-10 22, Nate Miller 5-14 6-8 16, Jason Allen 2-6 2-2 8, Zac Campbell 0-0 0-1 0, Joe Evert 2-7 0-0 4, Scott Peters 0-0 0-0 0. Totals 22-57 24-31 77.

Halftime- SDSU 36, SCSU 33. 3-pt FG- SDSU 6-16 (Schantz 3-4, Geiver 1-1, Wenig 1-3, Moeller 1-7, Richardson 0-1), SCSU 9-20 (Siegle 3-4, Carlson 3-5, Allen 2-3, Evans 1-5), Rebounds- SDSU 48 (DeJong 12), SCSU 38 (Siegel 8). Fouls- SDSU 26, SCSU 22. Fouled out- SDSU Schantz, Richardson; SCSU Evans. Technical foul- SDSU Moeller. Assists- SDSU 13 (Richardson 6), SCSU 16 (Carlson 7). Steals- SCSU 5 (Richardson 2), SCSU 10 (Miller 3). Blocked shots- SDSU 1 (DeJong), SCSU 5 (Trull 2, Evert 2). Turnovers- SDSU 17, SCSU 13. Attendance- 4,216.

All I can say is win or lose I love SDSU! Go State!

Comment

Buster and his gang do a nice job of telling it like it is. Keep up the good work fellows!

http://jacksbasketball.com/

Go State!

Comment

Amen Buster has it correctly. Yes, he is doing a great job.

It's his sense of humor on this board, that is not always as Richard Nixon said "Crystal Clear". I just assume someone else will see the humor when I don't.

Boy, it defense of the perimeter, rebounding, no center playing up to snuff, and lack of just good defense. Lets hope Coach Nagy can have a good week of practice.  Its also a shame to be beaten with at the free throw line with no clock running.  

I suspect there will be some long practice sessions this week.  So many things to address in such a short period of time, I think I will keep Coach Nagy in my prayers as he has his work cut for him.  I think at some point before the season is over, the team will be going in the right direction.  The unknown is at what point.

Comment

I don't have a lot to add that has not already been said. Attended both games and what has been clear is we have horrible perimiter defense and our getting nothing from the Center position. The Freshman are playing just like Freshman since the conference games started. Cervaney,Dejong and Melaney are not capable of giving us quality minutes. If we are to go anywhere this year we need Jones back at close to 100%. The other 3 can give a spot minutes, but if we have to rely on them we cannot compete in the NCC. I thought we played a lot harder on Sat night, but when you miss 15 freethrows and the number of layups we did you do not give yourself a good chance to win. I thought the referreing was bad but thought we still could have taken control of the game. Moller has to be smarter as the technical pretty much ended any chance we had. On the coaching side I question some of the rotations we are seeing. I think we need to expect more out of seven man rotation like I see other teams employing.

Comment

Last season I think you guys won the league with a 15-3 record. 6 losses got you third and 5 got second. Your backs are to the wall now, but your going to have to string a lot of victories together. 4 losses could still win the league, but if you drop 2 this weekend I think youll do no better than third.

Comment

Working...
                              X