Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekly NCC wrap-up, Jacks points against.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly NCC wrap-up, Jacks points against.

Here is a link to the weekly NCC wrap-up. Take a look at the Jacks points against in league play (obviously, we are all aware its high) but 91.2 is ridiculous. I don't think even Loyola-Maramount with Hank Gathers (R.I.P) and Bo Kimble gave up that many ppg. As we are all aware, defense is about preparation, hustle and pride. If you play for SDSU we expect these basics to be covered. If we come out prepared, hustle on the court and show a little pride we should be competative this weekend and we might even get a couple of wins.

http://www.northcentralconference.or...a095329849.pdf
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Weekly NCC wrap-up, Jacks points against.

jackmd:
    Downloaded an printed off the stats from the NCC. You are correct the problems we feel that SDSU has are showing up in the stats.  

What is amazing is that we lead in 3 pt field goals made and are second in Defensive rebounds. We are leading in offensive rebounds but that is for the full season. In conference play, we are first in Offensive rebounds and second in defensive rebounds.  Rebounding does not show up as much as of a problem in terms of stats, but the videos probably have shown the coaching staff something else.

These team statistics dont tell every detail nor do they explain final scores completely.

Not only that Derrick Schantz is the second leading scorer in the NCC, and Andy Moller is seventh and you wonder how we lost three games. Defending the 3 explains why.

With only two weeks of conference play completed, so many of these categories will change.  If we run the tables, the stats will reflect that too. Lets hope for a turnaround.

Its all interesting.  As the Econ professor I had at SDSU, Harry Greenbaum used to say, "Statistics are to the economist as the lamp post is to a drunk, more for support than enlightenment."

Comment

Working...
    X