UND/NDSU this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND/NDSU this weekend

I was reminded by the article in the Brookings Register that the last time SDSU had a 3 game losing streak was to open the NCC season in 2000 (0-3). As I recall, the team recovered and went on to finish 22-7 and qualify for the regional tournament in St. Cloud where I watched Metro run past the Jacks. Southwest ended up winning the championship that year. Their coach was Miles who is now at NDSU.

This just illustrates the fact that the Jacks can recover from this funk. I believe Schantz and Cerveny both played substantial minutes back in 2000. It is really up to them to provide some leadership and get this team back on the right track. I am confident that Q and Andy can handle the ball and hit some big shots, they just need some support from the upper classmen inside. Then, some of the pressure can be taken off the talented freshman and they can really shine. If Matt is able to come back and inject even more enthusiasm, as well as provide quality minutes, the sky is once again the limit for this team.

Tomorrow is the first step in recovering and we can not look ahead any further than that, but I want everyone to remain optimistic. I will not be able to make it to Brookings this weekend so some of you will have to cheer a little louder. GO JACKS, beat UND!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: UND/NDSU this weekend

Bring on the No. Daks. It's time to turn this thing around! Go Jackrabbits, no pessimism here!

Go SDSU!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      Bring on the No. Daks.  It's time to turn this thing around!  Go Jackrabbits, no pessimism here!  

Go SDSU!
      for those of you have trouble with the sdsu radio broadcasts.. the sdsu-ndsu game can be listened to here on saturday... seems quiet in bunnyland this week :-/

http://www.in-forum.com/specials/bmz03/

Comment

Originally posted by somebison.

for those of you have trouble with the sdsu radio broadcasts.. the sdsu-ndsu game can be listened to here on saturday... seems quiet in bunnyland this week :-/

http://www.in-forum.com/specials/bmz03/
        Somebison,

Please see my "Was it over" thread.   Just call me Blutto!

Lets Go Rabbits!  ;D

Comment

89 Rabbit:

Does your sweat shirt say just "College"? I always thought that was funny. Blutto apparently had been in and out of so many intitutions that a generic "College' was appropriate for his apparel.

If the sweatshirt is yellow and blue, it will work. ;D

Comment

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary.../MBB011904.pdf

Press release for this weekends games.  GO JACKS!!!

We need DeJong to play "big" against Lindahl, hit the boards. UND is an excellent F.T. shooting team with offensive balance but no great firepower. With good defense we should be able to hold them below 70 points. I think we can score 70.

UNDs press release, both teams are hoping to get to .500, my money is on the Jacks.
            http://www.fightingsioux.com/files/197.pdf
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

It's game day Rabbits, time to put a beating on our friends from the North! The SDSU flag is flying here at the house and I am pumped up to listen to the game on the Computer! Who is with me?

Go Jackrabbits!
              Beat the Sioux!
              Beat the Bison!
              Go SDSU!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                It's game day Rabbits, time to put a beating on our friends from the North!  The SDSU flag is flying here at the house and I am pumped up to listen to the game on the Computer!  Who is with me?

Go Jackrabbits!
                Beat the Sioux!
                Beat the Bison!
                Go SDSU!
                i am with you tonight.. after that you are on your own

Comment

Fair enough!

Go Jacks!

Comment

Can you believe...I have a Duck Unlimited dinner on Saturday night so I cant listen to the big game! :'(

I envy all of you who will get to attend....

Comment

Doing a great job of pounding it into the inside and getting UND big men in foul trouble. SDSU 17 UND 12!

Go State!

Comment

At the half: SDSU 35 - UND 32.

Go State!

Comment

Now we are starting to play Jackrabbit basketball. 14:31 left to play, SDSU 52 - UND 37! ;D

Go State!

Comment

It's a final, SDSU 87 - UND 79.  It's good to get another W.  The Jacks sounded like the Jacks of old for parts of the game (we had a 20 point lead during the second half).  We will need to step it up a notch to beat NDSU tomorrow.  

FT much better tonight. Green and Beran did well coming off the bench. We only had 4 more rebounds then the Sioux. We didn't do much from behind the arch.

Coach was unhappy with the start (team came out flat) and not pleased overall. Very unhappy about the rebounding. Happy with the win, but dosen't think we played well.

Comment

Nice to win but not a stellar performance. Still a long way to go to get to where we should be. This is the way a game on the road should go, not one at Frost. Right now this team lacks the discipline and self-confidence to put teams away and that will burn you in the end.

Great to win, need a better performance tomorrow. GO JACKS.

Comment

Working...
                              X