Augie Game - Standing People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augie Game - Standing People

Just an FYI: Jacksbasketball.com will be attending the Augie game this weekend in full force. Well, the best people we could muster as this seems to be one of those "SDSU Everyone Goes Home" weekends.

There was a great deal of debate here in the Brookings offices whether we'd be standing during the game. Last game, the crowd was still a bit anesthetized, per the usual. You'd think that the student body had a real problem with ativan and ketamine with all the excitement visible at the games. Regardless, the JBB crew stood for the entire game. It had the unfortunate effect of clearing out several rows behind us, but a few people did come down and say, "Hey, I saw you guys standing at the last game. That's awsome. I standing with you from now on."

Maybe we need to modify the old Union bumper stickers: "Jacks Basketball: United We Stand, Divided We Sit."

However, some of the more devout member of JBB did in fact stand during the entire game -- as back during the prime of crowd participation in my tenure here, that's how business was done.

Anyway, we really don't want to irritate people who sit behind us, so if you're going to the game, the more people who stand on the state side, the better. It's kind of a pain, as standing for that period of time can get a bit of difficult. This I understand.

If you watch or attend, let me know your comments in a private message here. We'll try and find a way to incorporate those into the writeup.

Re: Augie Game - Standing People

Buster,

I'm pretty sure JBB is a patented trademark, if not, surely he is considered an icon. He was a member of this board before you; maybe you could say JacksBB or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
      Buster,

I'm pretty sure JBB is a patented trademark, if not, surely he is considered an icon. He was a member of this board before you; maybe you could say JacksBB or something else?
      i was thinking the same thing ;D

Here is some light reading for those of you who may want more info...

JBB... the true story

Comment

Originally posted by somebison.

i was thinking the same thing ;D

Here is some light reading for those of you who may want more info...

JBB... the true story

Interesting. I'll sit down with Marketing and see what else will work.

Comment

Buster, shouldn't you be at the game?

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
            Buster, shouldn't you be at the game?
            It's much easier to have a twelve-pack on the couch than at Frost -- not to say that it hasn't been done by people in the past, but it's just an exceptionally foolish move. Football games are another story. Two years ago on Hobo Days, I remember sitting at the top of the stadium when a breeze from the east blew over the stands. The overpowering smell from 3,000 people who had collectively consumed more booze the previous 72 hours than most nations consume in a decade was, at the very least, something to behold. It was not a particularly nice smell.

Besides, I'm not much of a writer. My faithful confederates are in fully capacity, in theory, watching the every move from the seats.

Comment

Very sound reasoning! ;D

Comment

Working...
              X