Augie game on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augie game on TV

I see that the SDSU vs Augie games next week are going to be on TV.  Anyone know if the Alumni Association is setting up watch parties (for those of us who live out of the region) or how we can get the satellite coordinates?

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...cfm?Id=46,3376

SDSU will be at home again Saturday (January 31), hosting Augustana. KSFY-TV, channel 13, Sioux Falls, will televise both games of the SDSU-Augustana doubleheader starting with the women's game at 6:05 p.m.

Go State!

Re: Augie game on TV

I have been in contact with Alumni Director V.J. Smith. He informed me that the decision to broadcast the game (by university officials) was made early last week. Given that time, it would take a miracle to find sports bars and send out notices to alumni in designated areas. The last satellite broadcast took several months to plan and execute. After the decision was made to broadcast the Augie game on KSFY they (the Alumni Association) contacted sports bars in several key cities. They discovered a major technical problem. The signal KSFY uses will be digital. 99% of all sports bars use an analog signal. The one sports bar they found in Minneapolis which could handle a digital signal refused to allow SDSU use of the facility as the University of Minnesota hockey team will be on television at that time. Smith said he was sorry about this as the satellite broadcasts of basketball and football games (to 36 locations throughout the U.S.) have been very popular. He said that these satellite broadcasts cost the Association $15,000-$18,000.

Evidently the Alumni Council likes these broadcasts, even though it is expensive, because they are able to be in multiple places at one time. The last broadcast was seen by 1,500 alumni and friends.

Comment

It's too bad that those of us outside of South Dakota won't be able to tune in. The good thing is that I've heard KSFY is actually paying to broadcast the games. Looks like someone in the Sioux Falls media is seeing the benefit of SDSU's move to Division I and actually trying to get on our side when it comes time to play games against big-time universities. Good for them. Hopefully this is a trend among Sioux Falls media and not just a glimmer of hope.

Comment

Not much conversation about the Augie game. I feel good about our ability to win this weekend but next week at their gym is always tough. I unfortunately have to miss the game at Frost but will make the game in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Augie is just plain bad, we should win big both weekends.

http://www.augie.edu/athletics/schedules/sched_mbb.html

Go State!

Comment

They're Augie, yes, but they have occasionally shown flashes of competence.

You know we'll see their best game, at least in front of the big Frost Arena crowd. (of which I'm proud to say I'll be a part).

SDSU 86, Augie 77 is my prediction. They may even lead for a significant part of the first half, and be within striking distance the entire game.

Or, they'll get totally blown out of Frost in the first five minutes, in which case 110-55. Just hedging my bets here.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

They lost to NAIA Bellevue at home! I'm saying blow out!

Go State!

Comment

If this SDSU team has rebounded and is for real then Augie should be no contest. Only a team like USD with little discipline, poor coaching, and misplaced arrogance will lose to Augie this year. GO JACKS!!
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Ok, I haven't been to fired up (or at least as fired up as I should be) about this game, but hay it is Game Day and its time to put a hurting on the doggies! Wish I could be at Frost (my boss' boss is coming to town next week so I needed extra prep time) but I will be listening and cheering here at home!

Go Jacks, beat the Vikings! ;D

Comment

The Argus has put on a brave face for the Augie backers but we all know how it is going to turn out.

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Sa...article3.shtml

Vikings, Jacks struggle with consistency
                    Chris Solari
                    csolari@argusleader.com

published: 1/31/2004

All four squads have been up and down in NCC play

Four teams, one common thread.

Schizophrenic performances.

When the Augustana and South Dakota State basketball teams have been good this year, they've looked like worldbeaters. But when the Vikings and Jackrabbits have played poorly, it's driven their coaches bonkers.  . . .

(The question I have is when has the Augie Men's team been good? )

. . .Augustana men's coach Tom Billeter has been pleased with his team's effort. Though they are just 5-14 and 1-5 in the North Central Conference, the Vikings have played their opponents close in all but one league game.

The Vikings' high- and low-points of the season so far are easy to pick out - a one-point home loss to NAIA school Bellevue being the bottom, and a thrilling 63-61 victory over visiting South Dakota as the peak. . . .

(Glad he is not our coach. )

. . .Sophomore Matt Jones will again be out of action. After being forced to redshirt with mononucleosis last year, the Alpena native has been battling an undisclosed condition that's kept him out of the Jacks' last 10 games.

"I hope Matt gets well obviously, mostly for Matt. But I'm not counting on Matt being back (this season)," Nagy said. "We don't talk about it as a team, we just play. If he comes back, it'll be a plus for us." . . .

Not good news about Jones, but maybe Scott is just playing his cards close to the vest.  Either way we are going to kill the Vikings at Frost tonight.

Go State!

Comment

I don't have any inside info to substantiate this but I think Nagy is just playing the Jones situation close to the vest. I think in his mind Jones will be back maybe as early as the North Dakota road games in spot duty. This could just be a mind game he is playing with our conference foes as once Jones takes the floor it will be a huge motivator for the Jacks and will take the winds out of the sale of those teams who think they will win the conference. I honestly think with a healthy Jones back and better perimiter defense we can still take the conference and go a long way in post-season.

Comment

OK, what did Joe and Jake do? Team rules violation ???

Comment

Starting Line up: Moeller, Richardson, Gass, Schantz, Cerveny. Green and Wenig sit for team rules violations. That might add a little excitment to this game. >

Go State!

Comment

Wow what an ugly half of Basketball.  Tons of fouls, tons of turnovers.  The Refs are a little whistle happy and we are playing deep into our bench so I guess this is to be expected. I knew I wasn't fired up for a reason. At the half.  SDSU 35 Augie 27.

Go State!

Comment

You got that one right, lots of calls.  Augie had two injuries in two minutes, that has to be costly in terms of bench strength.

Team rule violations could be just about anything from being caught having a beer at Cubbys to being late from practice.  I am sure Nagy is making his point. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X