NCC games this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCC games this weekend

I hate to do it but I will be pulling for USD this weekend. Here is how I would like the weekend to go:

First, UND could really help us out by beating NDSU Friday night in Fargo. #2 Jacks need to whip Augie on Saturday. #3 USD defeats UNO in Vermillion. #4 SCSU over MSU in St. Cloud. This would leave the Jacks at 4-3 and tied for 2nd place with 4 other teams 1 game behind NDSU.

With the short conference season NDSU needs a couple of losses in the next 3 weeks or they will not be caught. I would like to finish 1st in the NCC but if we take care of business and win our games there is still a reasonable shot at hosting the regional given our great crowds and history in the tournament. We do not need to finish ahead of NDSU in the NCC to remain ahead in the region.

So, I have to say it, go coyotes and go Sioux, for this weekend and this weekend alone. Oh yeah, GO JACKS FOREVER!!!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: NCC games this weekend and next

Given the new info regarding regional rankings I now realize it is much less important for us to win the conference. Granted, we want to host the NCC tournament, as we are more likely to win at home and I would like to see has many games at Frost as possible.

The last regional rankings come out before the NCC tournament and most of the weight regarding the 8 teams selected to the regional is based on the rankings (USD found out what an early upset in the NCC tournament can mean, however). Since we are already the top ranked team from the NCC in the region, if we take care of business and win our games we should remain in that postition regardless of what the other teams do.

Long and short of it is, I am not cheering for USD this weekend or next. Let UNO kick their ass and hope someone else beats UNO. I will stick to my hope that UND can sweep NDSU and that SCSU splits with MSU while the Jacks sweep Augie (of course). SCREW THE U!!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Re: NCC games this weekend

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the UNO/USD series. As much as it pains me I have to go with the Coyotes to beat UNO. UNO is ahead of us in the standings and boast a win over us at home. I see a logjam for second place by the end of the weekend. I'm pulling for UND to win the next 2 weekends and bring NDSU back to earth if they haven't already after the thumping by the Rabbits. I will miss the Augie game this weekend but hope to see the balance of the schedule both at home and on the road in person as we wrap up our final season in the NCC.

Comment

UNO is only 1 game up on us and I am confident they will lose at least 2 more games (1 to SDSU), even if they sweep USD they are only 6-2 while we should be 5-3.  The way I see it, this gives me a chance not to cheer for USD and that is what is most important.  I stand by my last post, Go UNO/SCREW THE U.

As an aside: Washburn suffered their 1st loss Wednesday, Col. Christian and UNK play tonight. Gotta pull for UNK!

Comment

Bison up 46-29 with about 15 to go.

Comment

Bison roll, 83-58. We'll still have at least a one game lead after the weekend. Good luck to you guys tomorrow night (doubt if you'll need it).

Comment

Weak effort by the Sue, clearly an inferior team.  I guess I will just have to hope for a miracle next week.  SCREW the U's!!

UNK 101, CO Christian 93

Nice win for UNK, knocks Christian from the ranks of the unbeaten in the RMAC, only Metro remains. After we dispose of Augie we may move up to #2 in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by NDSU_grad
                Bison roll, 83-58.  We'll still have at least a one game lead after the weekend.  Good luck to you guys tomorrow night (doubt if you'll need it).
                After watching both Nodaks last weekend, I not really surprised as we put our best effort against NDSU. I think UND does not have the defensive horses that they have had in the past. It appears CoCo had a great game, which he did not happen in Brookings.

Comment

SCSU over MSU 98-94

UNO over USD 73-67

Comment

As I predicted, USD is worse with T. King.  Nice performance by Mueller 3-17, he stinks!!  USD is one of the most over-rated/under-achieving teams in the country this year.  What excuses do they have?

They are a team/university dominated by individual thoughts/ideals and individual goals, i.e. "how can I make myself better right now", not "how can I make things better for the future."  Even if they wanted to make the move to D1 they are not even close to prepared to do so.  

So, Klouceck (and the rest of the doubters), if we waited for USD and the rest of the NCC we would be competing with second rate universities and administrations only interested in the here and now.  I for one will not miss them.

Comment

On a different note - Mankato's guy that lit us up two weeks ago (Jamel something-or-other) went for 40 with 9 threes against St. Cloud in a loss. So either St. Cloud can't guard the three either, or he has the ability to light anyone up. St. Cloud was down 19 at the half (sounds familiar) but was able to fight back for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll_Guy
                        On a different note - Mankato's guy that lit us up two weeks ago (Jamel something-or-other) went for 40 with 9 threes against St. Cloud in a loss. So either St. Cloud can't guard the three either, or he has the ability to light anyone up. St. Cloud was down 19 at the half (sounds familiar) but was able to fight back for the win.
                        From the Mankato Free Press;

Staten had 31 points, making 7 of 7 three-pointers, as the Mavericks went ahead 49-30 at halftime. Staten made 2 of 3 two three-pointers in the second half to tie a conference record with nine

I am going to give St CLoud credit for making defensive half times adjustments. If Statem got 7 of 7 in the first have and 2 0f 3, it would appear SCSU tighten their defense on him and it worked.

When Mankato comes to Frost, I look for the defense to be zeroed in on this guy. If we deny him the looks at the bucket, we can contain him. I just feel that our defense in the three loses made some people including Statem look good on offense.

Comment

What a game! I have not heard Halenbeck Hall that loud in a long time. Just take #40 and #23 out and there will be a SDSU victory. I think they had 70 of MSU pts.

Comment

The MSU-SCSU game was a tale of two halves. Carlson played a phenomenol second half, while the Mavs played very poor inside defense. Add to that a huge foul differential in the second half in favor of SCSU, also a technical foul on the MSU bench, and the Mavs snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Staten had a great game for MSU, as did Anderson, but not enough help in the second half. The loss of senior strong forward Ziemke really (injury) hurts our offensive production, as well as team leadership. Blowing a 19 point halftime lead has to really affect our confidence, and I hope we can get on-track when we get the Huskies at our place Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                            X