Augie Game Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augie Game Part II

Well its Augie week again (strange to play them on back to back weekends), I know many of you are heading for Sioux Falls this weekend to pack their High School Gym, I mean the Elmen Center!    I am looking forward to reading the first hand accounts.

I leave for Marco Island, FL on Monday morning for our week long National Sales Meeting.  So I needed to maximize my family time this weekend.  However, I will listen to the game.

I think it will be more of the same this Saturday afternoon.  Even though we are playing in Sioux Falls, I expect a bigger win due to Green and Wenig returning to the line up.  I have even heard rumors that Jones will be back (That would put him ahead of initial reports that thought he might be ready for the ND trip).  Here is to the Rabbits getting their first Conf. win on the road.  Lets take 'em one game at a time and win the NCC!

Go State!

Re: Augie Game Part II

Here is part of the Argus blip about tonight's game:

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Sa...article5.shtml

From staff and wire reports

published: 2/7/2004

REGIONAL

Augustana-SDSU rematch is today

Augustana will host the South Dakota State men's and women's basketball teams today at the Elmen Center in a rematch of last week's North Central Conference doubleheader.

The women's game begins at 1 p.m., followed by the men's game at 3. Fewer than 500 tickets remain for the game.

The No. 9 Jackrabbit women (16-4, 5-2 NCC) defeated the Vikings 79-68 last Saturday at Frost Arena in Brookings. Junior forward Shannon Schlagel leads SDSU with 18.7 points and 8.1 rebounds a game, while junior guard Laura Hensley paces Augustana (11-9, 3-4) with 16.2 points and 7.7 assists a contest.

SDSU reserve sophomore center Christina Gilbert will miss the game and likely the rest of the season with a knee injury.

SDSU's men (20-3, 4-3), ranked No. 7 in Division II, defeated Augustana 88-78 last week to earn the school's 19th 20-victory season. Junior guard Andy Moeller averages a team-high 16.5 points for the Jacks, while Augie senior forward Justin VanMeeteren scores 16.2 a game.

The Vikings (5-15, 1-6) could be minus starting guard James Borom, a junior who sprained his ankle last week in Brookings. SDSU freshmen Jake Wenig and Joe Green return from their one-game suspensions for violating team rules.

All remaining tickets are for reserved seats and cost $13. They will be on sale from 9 to 11 a.m. today at the Augustana Athletic Office on the second floor of the Elmen Center. Fans also may buy tickets by phone during this time by calling 605-274-4311. If any tickets still remain, they will go on sale when the doors open for the games at 11:30 a.m.

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Vikings!

Comment

Its Game Day. Everyone who is going to the game cheer extra loud for me!

Lets go Rabbits!

Comment

Same goes for me, I will be listening on KJJQ and WNAX.  GO JACKS!!  SCREW THE U (I can still say this until the end of this sports seasn). ;D
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Great first half for the women, 48-30 at the half. Lets finish them off in the first 5 mins of the 2nd half.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Blowout, Jacks win 107-64. When the Jack's women hit the 3's they are nearly unbeatable.

Comment

Great news on the womens score! Any updates on the mens game? Is Matt Jones dressed/playing?

Comment

Nothing was said about Jones, so I am going to guess he is in street cloths.  10:48 until half, SDSU 19 - Augie 13.

Comment

Thanks Rabbit !!

Comment

A lot of turnovers and fouls so far.  A very defensive kind of game, I guess that is to be expected when Augie and State get together.  With 8:54 until half, SDSU 22 - Augie 14.

First Rabbit on the court. T on the Vikings.

Comment

Jacks have come out flat, fortunately Augie can't score. If we don't show a little emotion this will be a long game.

Update: 8:54 to go DEAD RABBIT ON THE COURT!! Jacks hit both free throws for the tech. Score 24-14 Jacks.

Moeller struggling at the line 3-6.

Comment

6:57 until half, SDSU 32 - Augie 15 (since dead rabbit 10-1 run)

Comment

I wonder if the Augie fans are motivated enough to get an actual jackrabbit.  My guess is no, they toss a run of the mill cotton tail out there and have their giggles.  I suspect most Augie fans/students would be scared if they saw and actual jackrabbit, alive or dead.

Jacks continue to push, hit some big 3's, 20-3 run since the dead bunny, 42-17 SDSU. WAY TO GO RABBITS.

Comment

At the half, SDSU 46 - Augie 24. Moeller hits a NBA three to end the half. Nice job Rabbits! ;D

Comment

Excellent ! Keep those dead rabbits coming ! I've been talking to a friend thats at the game. SDSU fans over half of the crowd (sold out thanks to SDSU). Moeller is having some fun with the Augie fans, Wish I was there!

Comment

Working...
                              X