NDSU vs SDSU in Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU vs SDSU in Fargo

These games should draw over 5,000. They should be split.

The NDSU women have the advantage since they won on the road. They need a split and you have to beat them at home to get it. If they win its a real clincher. 8-1 to 6-3. We knocked the susans out for you and you can probably eliminate them with a win.

NDSU men on the other hand were just upset by und. I think its a must win for the BISON. Its going to be tough enough for us with the win. With the loss we will find ourselves behind the 8 ball for the rest of the season.

Re: NDSU vs SDSU in Fargo

We'll see on Friday if the Jacks men have the heart of a champion, or are just another bunch of pretty good ball players.

Don't know about the women...a win in Fargo would go a long way with them as well.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Agreed, all the credit in the world to NDSU on a great season thus far. The loss to UND is very telling, however. Couple this with the Jacks blowout in Brookings and I see no reason why SDSU shouldn't handle NDSU (and UND for that matter) this weekend. The slow start to the NCC season for the Jacks aside, they are now playing much better than they were in week 2.

Nagy will have the team ready to play Friday night and I anticipate Schantz, Moeller, Richardson, and Cerveny setting the pace early allowing the freshman to get into the flow. Jacks need to hit the boards hard and make a few outside shots. The keys to SDSU's continued success the remainder of the year are itensity, hustle and tough defense on and off the ball. The scoring will come from somebody different every night.

I expect the Jacks to beat NDSU on Friday. I am actually more anxious about a possible let down heading into UND on Saturday. First things first, lets beat the Bison and move into 1st place in the NCC!! GO JACKS!!

Tough weekend for the women. They need a split. I think we can beat NDSU but we need another nice shooting performance like Saturday against Augie. One game at a time for the women and men. If we can't beat the N.D. schools and move up in the regional rankings it might be kind of nice to see Concordia host the regional. Easy trip and neutral court evens things out. Similar to the regional SDSU won at Mesa St. when UND was upset by Southwest (I think this is how it went). Only prayer the Jacks have at a #1 seed is to win out and do well in the NCC tourney as well as a few losses by Concordia.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Big Rivalry Day as promoted over in the Fargo Forum today. Should be some very good games.

Comment

Working...
        X