UND game in Grand Forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND game in Grand Forks

Let's do this thing. Time to beat the Sioux and sweep the ND trip. Looks like many of the Jacks and the team as a whole are returning to the form we held early in the season. We are in 1st place in the NCC we need to stay there and make a run for sunny California! 8)

Go State!

Re: UND game in Grand Forks

Lets get it on!! Show the Sioux what we are made of in what will probably be our last games in Grand Forks for a long time to come.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Women trail 34-28 at the half.

Comment

Another ugly half of BB by these 2 teams. Ton of fouls and turnovers a plenty. Jacks will need to hit some outside shots (for 3 points preferably) and slow down the girl who has 16 in the first half (I don't know how to spell her name).
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Men's game at the half, SDSU 39 UND 27!   ;D  Schantz had a great first half.  Doing well without Matt Jones, and/or Joe Green. Lots of fouls have led to some strange combos. That being said we are starting to pull away.  Way to go State keep it up.

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

Wow this one is getting too close for comfort, SDSU 59 - UND 56 with less then 6:00 to go.

Comment

Very odd substitution scheme tonight. That coupled with poor FT shooting, lack of defensive intensity and Rypkema on fire and this is anbodys game. We need Schantz, Moeller, and Cerveny to take over and win this thing for the Jacks.

Comment

Todd Ripcama (sp) fouls out with 2:46 left to play. He was 11-15 for the game and had 25 points total. DeJong at the line, hit both SDSU 67 - UND 61!

Comment

update? Update?

Comment

41 seconds left big board by Ben Beran
                    27 Seconds left Jacks up by 7
                    20 seconds left
                    12 second left Jacks up by 7

Comment

Thanks SDSU Fan.

Way to go Rabbits !!! ;D

Comment

final score 73 UND 66
                        SDSU 23-3

Comment

Not a great game, but a great win. I have always felt that a team and players learn a lot more from a close contest rather than a blowout and coaches learn more about their players in close games. That said, I'll take em anyway we can get em.

Great rebounding and clutch F.T. shooting down the stretch. Rypkema fouling out seemed to be the end for UND. Tough night from the field, only 38%. 11-22 on 3-point shots made up the difference. 14-23 at the line and we outrebounded them 46-32. Nice defense overall, especially rebounding, we need someone on this team to step-up as the stopper when a single player from the opposing team gets hot like Rypkema tonight. (remember Ty Graham, that Australian from Metro, Ryan Miller, etc..) It would seem like Schantz would be that guy. Sometimes a nice hard screen, body check, or boxout can take a hot shooter/scorer off of his game.

I definitely think this will keep UND in the back of the Jacks minds preventing any letdown if we run into them in the NCC tourney.

Anyone have scores from the other contests? My cable internet service is down so I am using my old dial-up modem, not so good.

Comment

Here is what I have so far.

NDSU 89 - Augie 64

USD 82 - MSU-M 78

UNO 77 - SCSU 67

Comment

Wow, SCSU swept at home.  With regards to the post-season, we are in, the only questions for us are seeding and will we host.  The remaining teams all have a shot with the exception of UND (unless they win the tourney) and Augie.  Nobody else is a lock and I am having a hard time deciding who has the inside track.  Its probably UNO, USD or NDSU with SCSU and MSU in a little bit of trouble.  Regardless, every team we play from here on out knows that any loss could knock them out of the post-season (unless they win the tourney).  This will make for some interesting games.  GO JACKS!!

Men’s Basketball Standings
                              NCC Overall
                                                            W L W L
                              South Dakota State 7 3 23 3
                              North Dakota State 7 3 14 9
                              Nebraska-Omaha 6 4 16 7
                              Minnesota State 5 5 17 7
                              St. Cloud State 5 5 15 8
                              South Dakota 5 5 15 7
                              North Dakota 4 6 14 10
                              Augustana 1 9 5 18

Comment

Working...
                              X