Mens Basketball Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mens Basketball Recruiting

The Begeman kid from O'Gorman and his father (coach) were guests of Larson and Nagy and they sat with them for much of the womens game. Any other recruit sightings at the game?

Re: Mens Basketball Recruiting

I have been thinking about our needs for next year our first in DI. I think we need to go out and find a JC point guard which Nagy has done in the past. If we could land another Marquise Richardson with more strength we would do well. We have former Sioux East standout Landon Scott coming in from Iowa Western CC who will have 3 years of eligibility. I believe he is more of a shooting guard than a point guard. We also have Jake Wenig and Andy Moeller next year. I think the forward position with Green and Beran is pretty set. We will need to get some depth here as we lose Schantz and Gass. I think Matt Jones would be better off at a forward position rather than center. Would like to see us get a big Athletic center in the 6'9-6'10 range. Jared DeJong is back and he is fine as a backup that can give you a few minutes. I see a starting lineup of Moeller,Wenig,Green,Jones,Beran next year. A seasoned point guard and big center seem to be the glaring needs for next year. All of the young guys have come back down to earth in conference play but are picking up a lot of valuable experience. The recruiting competion is certainly elevated at the next level, but I'm confident we can land some diamonds in the rough. Would like to have seen us get a better shot in the future at the DI bound South Dakota players. I've counted four so far that have committed to DI programs.

Comment

Next up will be committments for our DI bound Basketball squads. Expect we may see a Junior College Player or two. NDSU has committments from two of the top players in the state of Minnesota that are up for Mr Basketball in the state.

Comment

The Begeman kid from O'Gorman is having a great year. He might be the best guard in the state and would look good in a SDSU uniform. I know we are persuing him aggressively and he could be our first legitimate instate DI Basketball recruit.

Comment

Working...
        X