New Mid-Major Poll is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mid-Major Poll is out

The new Mid-Major poll is out. Lots of names that should look familiar already and some that we will get to know soon.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

Go State!

NCAA D-II National Championship this year!
    NIT bid next year! ;D

Re: New Mid-Major Poll is out

also... if you want to check out Mid-Major RPI's... there is a website that updates RPI's daily

http://kenpom.com/rpi.php

Comment

That is pretty cool, thanks for the link. Quick check of the 4 most likely homes for the Jackrabbits:

Missouri Valley #12
      Horizon #13
      Mid-Con #18
      Big Sky #22

Go State!

Comment

Hm, looking at the RPI site makes me wonder...has anyone done an RPI of Division II?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Very interesting poll (all colleges) RPI. This should spark some lively debate, Where do you guys think this years Jacks team would fit into the D1 poll. I have watched a lot of games this year (in person), Stephen F. Austin, Northwestern St. La., Baylor, Texas San Antonio, Texas-Arlington. And we are better than all of the teams I have listed. IMO. Many people dont realize how brutally hard the NCC is for a D2 conf. I think we would fit in somewhere in the 150-170 range. Other opinions?

Comment

Texas,

I think you are in the ball park. I think we could beat some of the teams in the low 100s, but to get a good RPI rating you have to play good teams. Our ability to schedule will have a big effect on our RPI.

Just looking at some of the schools that I have seen. I watched Detroit play this last weekend #112 very winnable game for the Jacks, Kansas State # 113 I want that game bad, IUPUI #115 oh yea, St. Mary's at #118 I saw them play Arizona tight they could be trouble. In the area SMS (Southwest Missouri State) #121 the Jacks could win, UNI #122 very winnable.

Next years two confirmed games Fresno St. is at #103 and should be a great measuring stick for us especially at their place. We also have a more manageable RPI out of Butler, from the Horizon, at #205. Of course all these numbers go out the window next year, but it is still fun to speculate.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
              I think we would fit in somewhere in the 150-170 range. Other opinions?
              Looking at the RPI a little deeper, assuming you are right and we are in the 150 - 170 range, look at the company we would be keeping.

Delaware # 151
              Denver # 152
              Minnesota # 153
              St. John's # 154
              SMU # 155
              Arizona St. # 156
              Valpo # 157
              Oral Roberts # 158
              Tulsa # 161
              Drake # 162
              Miami (FL) # 165

Just another example of how our move to D-I will benifit SDSU's image. They say you are know by the company you keep.

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

The mid-con's RPI actually looks pretty good. Unfortunately, we really don't have anything in common with those schools, but quality-wise it doesn't look too bad. On another note, I wonder what the WCC's RPI would look like without Gonzaga?

Comment

Working...
                X