Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

OK, enough of this laying around stuff.  We are the Jackrabbits and nothing is over until we decide it is.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  No! And its not over now.  (always good to inject some Animal House when you are feeling low).  

Here is our road map to the NCC Championship.  It starts with Coach Nagy, who is probably kicking butts as I type.  The boys are going to come out and play like they haven't played all year.  We are going to guard the 3 point line and play good D, the Freshman are going to quite being scared and shoot the ball, the big men are going to make lay ups, the whole team is going to make free throws (and a little later we are going to get Matt Jones back).  Sounds like a pretty tall order dosen't it.
    Well we did it the first 17 games.  Yea we have had 3 loses but we can still win this thing.

Here is how.  We sweep the ND schools at Frost (even when we are not good we can beat them in Frost).  Our next game we pound Augie at Frost (Augie is not good and it is our only game of the week).  Next week we have Augie again, only this time in Sioux Falls (see above, except that we get a technical or two from flying rabbits).  Next up for the Rabbits is the trip North for the ND weekend.  This could be tough for us, but it is Matt Jones first weekend back and he leads us on to a sweep.  Then it is revenge weekend as the MN schools come to Frost we win big in both.  That sets us up for Championship weekend where all we need is a split and we win another NCC Championship.

I'm ready for it.  Are you guys with me?  AHHHHHHHHH!

Go State, Go State!

Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harb

89RABBIT
    What an appropriate name for a new thread, we need some laughs after last week. John Bulichi and Animal House, great theme. Wasnt it the Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor, or is that a red herring?

You mention that Jones will be back is that correct?

Comment

SDSUFAN,

You are right on, John Belushi (Bluto) starts to give a speech to ralley the men of the Delta house and he says "Was is over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?". At this point Boon turns to Otter and says "Germans?" Otter replays"Nevermind he is on a Roll" or something to that effect.

Before last Friday's game Steve announced on WNAX that Matt's doctors now knew what was wrong with him and they expected him back in about a month. That being said I think the timing works out just about right for the North Dakota trip. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Go State!

Comment

rabbit,
        Very nice, Your optimism is enlighting, and yes, I too think we can get back in this thing. It all starts this weekend. also, after our lengthy conversation yesterday about the Jacks, I didnt have the urge to call the hotline anymore... ;D . Your a good counselor.
        Go Rabbits ;

Comment

Texas,

Glad I could help.

Go State!

Comment

Wow its kind of quiet today, not much to talk about.

I guess we need to put on our sweatshirts that say"College" and follow Blutto to Frost Arena
            ;D ;D ;D :

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
              Here is our road map to the NCC Championship.  It starts with Coach Nagy, who is probably kicking butts as I type.  The boys are going to come out and play like they haven't played all year.  We are going to guard the 3 point line and play good D, the Freshman are going to quite being scared and shoot the ball, the big men are going to make lay ups, the whole team is going to make free throws (and a little later we are going to get Matt Jones back).  Sounds like a pretty tall order dosen't it.
              Well we did it the first 17 games.  Yea we have had 3 loses but we can still win this thing.

Here is how.  We sweep the ND schools at Frost (even when we are not good we can beat them in Frost).  Our next game we pound Augie at Frost (Augie is not good and it is our only game of the week).  Next week we have Augie again, only this time in Sioux Falls (see above, except that we get a technical or two from flying rabbits).  Next up for the Rabbits is the trip North for the ND weekend.  This could be tough for us, but it is Matt Jones first weekend back and he leads us on to a sweep.  Then it is revenge weekend as the MN schools come to Frost we win big in both.  That sets us up for Championship weekend where all we need is a split and we win another NCC Championship.
              Step 1 completed.

Go State!

Comment

I thought that we need to bring this thread back to the top of the list since we got 5 away games facing the Jacks and we have not done well on the road. We definitely need blutto leading the charge. Our guys and gals can win in Sioux Falls. We can always count on the carrot tossing fans to help here. Derrick should practice is free throws as this could be an important part of the game and I am assuming he will should the T foul shoots.

If big Josh can continue his comeback, there is hope.

Comment

OK, enough of this laying around stuff.  We are the Jackrabbits and nothing is over until we decide it is.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  No! And its not over now.  (always good to inject some Animal House when you are feeling low).  

Go State, Go State!
                  Step 2 completed!

Comment

Go State, Go State!
                    Step 3 complete!

Comment

I'm definitely with you.  These first 3 steps were the easiest.  The next step will likely be the most difficult.  We need to sweep unless UND can upset NDSU tonight.  If that happens, we may be able to get by with a split.  If NDSU doesn't lose tonight and we are able to beat them, that only gives them 2 losses.  We need someone else to beat the Bison.  I'm quite confident this will happen.  Keep on winning rabbits!!!
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

OK, let's play Who's Gonna Beat'em...

NDSU:
                        at UND - Sorry, I don't see the Sue beating the Bison this year ...
                        home to SDSU - Jacks GOTTA win that one
                        home to Augie - NDSU
                        at USD - NDSU
                        at UNO - A hunch...UNO
                        Home to MSU-M - NDSU
                        Home to SCSU - NDSU
                        That leaves NDSU at 11-3

SDSU:
                        at NDSU - Gotta win
                        at UND - Gotta win
                        Home to SCSU - Gotta win
                        Home to MSU-M - Gotta win
                        at UNO - Gotta win
                        at USD - Gotta win
                        Jacks need to win out to gain a tie at 11-3, or get some help from the bottom half of the league (not likely, but then this is the NCC...) What I really don't like is needing both wins on the UNO-USD road trip. SDSU's had problems at Omaha recently (although I expect us to win that one, as revenge for the Brookings game. Jacks won't be looking past UNO.)

I expect the 2/28 game in Vermillion will be one of the nastiest, ugliest games in NCAA college basketball history. I'm sure that several USD players and fans will probably deserve to be ejected from the Dome. Coyote students and alums are free to prove me wrong, but I'm not expecting much class from USD that night.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Go State, Go State!
                          Step 4 complete (although I was wrong about Matt Jones being back and I thought it would take another week or two to get us back in first place)!

Go State!

Comment

Go State, Go State!
                            Step 5 Complete. Wheww!

Go State.

Comment

Go Rabbit Go !

Comment

Working...
                              X