#1 seed in the NCC tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 seed in the NCC tourney

If the Jacks women play well and get a sweep this weekend (the game with USD will be tough) they finish 11-3 and will likely be tied with NDSU who should sweep at home this weekend. Considering they split the regular season games and may have identical conference and overall records, how is the #1 seed determined??

The men's seeding should be more straightforward. Jacks need to beat UNO Friday or the best they can hope for is a tie a top the conference at 10-4. Given that UNO would have then swept the season series they are the #1 seed and host the tourney. I think the Jacks step-up and win Friday securing the #1 seed and bring the NCC tourney to Brookings where they can play for a championship and a #1 seed in the regional.

Final question. If the men and women both win the conference and somehow the women win the tiebreaker over NDSU or NDSU loses (unlikely) that means that both SDSU teams are #1 seeds and have the right to host. How would they schedule the conference tourney if this was to occur? A lot of speculation I know, but its fun to think about. GO JACKS!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: #1 seed in the NCC tourney

On the women's side, if we end up tied with NDSU and have split the season series the conference has a pretty straight forward tie-breaker. I haven't checked the NCC website to verify this thought. I believe after head to head competition they look at record versus the other NCC schools in the order of finish (i.e. each teams record vs. the #3 school, then #4 school, etc.) until one team has the advantage. If you recall, this happened last year when we tied with USD and the tie-breaker came down to a coin flip, which we won. If someone has the time or desire I'm sure the tie-breaker could be mapped out, assuming both SDSU and NDSU's women sweep this weekend.

Comment

Working...
    X