Jacks will be # 2 on Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks will be # 2 on Tuesday

Number 1 Tarleton State got killed this weekend.  The Jackrabbits should move to # 2 when the next Basketball poll comes out on Tuesday.  # 1 will be Metro State, someone needs to beat those Roadrunners! Then we move up to #1 and should get the Regionals.  Go Jacks!

http://campus.umr.edu/sports/bbpoll.html

Re: Jacks will be # 2 on Tuesday

How do the Jacks stack up against other nationally ranked teams?
    #14 Kennesaw St Won by15
    #18 Michigan Tech Won by 4
    Honorable Mention:
    Northern (SD) Won by 39
    U of Philadelphia Won by 15

Pretty good if you ask me !

Comment

It's official the Jacks move up to #2 in the National Poll.
      #1 Metro State 23-2
      #2 South Dakota State 25-3
      #3 Washburn 23-1
      #4 Tarleton State 22-3
      #5 Nebraska Kearney 23-2

Metro has Ft. Hays State and Kearney at home.
      Kearney has Chadron and Metro on the road.

We have to take care of business this weekend!

Comment

This weekend is again the biggest weekend of the year for the SDSU men (and women). A win on Friday night and we clinch the NCC title, #1 seed in conference and host the conference tourney. Need I say more?

Saturday remains important regardless. We all have our eyes on the big prize which is the national championship. A big step towards that goal is hosting the regional. We can't control what Metro or UNK do but one of them will lose when they face each other at the end of this year (obviously). If we finish the conference 11-3 (regular season champs) and win the conference tournament championship to finish with an overall record of 29-3 I think the committee will favor SDSU as the #1 seed despite Metro's national and regional ranking (boy am I optimistic!!).

So, we need another sweep. The Friday game is the biggest one from a seeding and conference championship standpoint. I don't need to say anything about what Saturday's game means to both schools. No way coach or the players looks past either of these teams as we might have done with UNO in the past. Payback time for UNO and a**sskicking time for those mangy, stinky, ugly, stupid and inferior Coyotes (there is no smack board). GO JACKS!!! (Its only Tuesday, this is great)
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
        X