Point System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point System

After I got done listing my last post I started thinking about this point system. What's up with that? How does that deal work? When I look down at all the people in the center section I'm thinking they are pretty people with big wallets. I'm a big fan. I go on the bus trips. They tell me that isn't good enough. I show up before the women's games. What do I need to do to get good seats?

Re: Point System

Give $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to the Jackrabbit Club.  Be part of the future.

Bus trips costs cover the costs and tickets so the HPER does not get any direct benefit, but going on the road and supporting the teams, is the best thing you can do for the athletes.  Many of the women bb team have commented on the following to away games so its important but does not award points.

There are I believe 100 points for a gift of 100 and that points are cummulative. Those points earned with a gift this year will continue to carry forward. Give a big gift of 5 grand or more and that will also add to your total. Seating is based on point totals and the maximum that one person or business can purchase is six seats in the lower and upper seats.

Comment

I think the point system is the fairest way to distribute seats. The seats are not transferrable which is also probably a good thing as it prevent families from just passing down the tickets from generation to generation.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUY
        I think the point system is the fairest way to distribute seats. The seats are not transferrable which is also probably a good thing as it prevent families from just passing down the tickets from generation to generation.
        I could not agree more.  Bob Devaney conjurs thoughts of football love when you talk to any Husker fan over 50, as I have found out in the past 19 years.  Bob was great coach, but a horrible AD. The season ticket holders had transferable rights during Bob tenure as AD.  When Bill Byrne became AD after Devaney, some of the first things he did was to put a stop the tranferability and instituted a point system for seating. Byrnes soon became known as "Dollar Bill", but he raised the revenue from the sport of football, other than tickets revenue. YES SDSU, is going in the right direction with a non transferable point system.

Comment

Agree as well. Some type of point system or giving level is the only way to do it fairly (and importantly raise some $$). Most every major school has some sort of system - the more you pay, the better the seats. Some include season tickets for some sports as points along with money, etc.

As you probably know SDUSFAN, there were some deceased Husker fans buying season tickets to retain seats for their children
          ________
          SUZUKI DR-Z400 SPECIFICATIONS
          Last edited by CycloneJack; 02-15-2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X