4. Northern State 20-5
    5. Nebraska-Omaha 18-7
    6. South Dakota 17-8
    7. Bemidji State 18-8
    8. Colorado Christian 18-7
    9. Mesa State 16-8
    10. Ft. Lewis 17-7

Posted earlier by SDSU_Tuba.

I think it deserves its own subject line.  Here is the SSI again in case anyone wants to calculate our chances to move up to the #1 seed with 2 wins this weekend and (I hope) a loss by Metro.  

We would get 26 points if we win both games.  If Metro loses one and wins one there looking at 17 or 19 points.  If UNK upsets Metro and wins at Chadron they are looking at 28 points.

Overall strength-of-schedule index:

Win on the road versus a team at or above .750 .............17 points
    Win versus Division I team.............................................. ..15 points
    Win at home versus a team at or above .750...................14 points
    Win on the road versus a team at or above .500 .............13 points
    Win at home versus a team at or above .500...................12 points
    Win on the road versus a team below .500, but above
    .250.............................................. ...................... ...........11 points
    Win at home versus a team below .500, but above
    .250.............................................. ...................... ...........10 points
    Win on the road versus a team at or below .250............... 9 points
    Win at home versus a team at or below .250 .................... 8 points
    Win versus non-Division I or II team ...................................7 points
    Loss versus Division I team ................................................7 points
    Loss on the road versus a team at or above .750............. 7 points
    Loss at home versus a team at or above .750 .................. 6 points
    Loss on the road versus a team at or above .500............. 5 points
    Loss at home versus a team at or above .500 .................. 4 points
    Loss on the road versus a team below .500, but above
    .250 .................................................. ...................... ........ 3 points
    Loss at home versus a team below .500, but above
    .250 .................................................. ...................... ........ 2 points
    Loss on the road versus a team at or below .250 ............... 1 point
    Loss versus non-Division I or II team..................................0 points
    Loss at home versus a team at or below .250................... 0 points

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Jacks move up to #2 in Region

I think we can get the two wins. I would be surprised if Kearney can pull the upset in Denver. I think Metro can be upset in the conference tournament. I feel if we can win out this weekend and get the NCC Tournament to Brookings we can win the NCC Tournament and hope Kearney and Metro will get upset in their tournement which seems to always happen. There tournament is in Colorado Springs.

Comment

Oooh! I like that set of rankings MUCH more than last week's. Four northern schools in the top six -- that's gotta help State when the regional site is selected. Of course, there's lots of basketball left between now and then . . .

Jackguy -- Actually, the first round of the RMAC is played at member sites and then they move to Colo. Springs. I'm scheduled to be in Denver for a seminar on the 4th and 5th and the RMAC has their first round on the 3rd. I think I'll catch an early flight and make a trip to Metro's campus to see just how good they are. Then again, they'll be playing the lowest seed in their conference, so it may not be much of a ballgame. In any event, I'll check them out. A full scouting report will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola
        Oooh!  I like that set of rankings MUCH more than last week's.  Four northern schools in the top six -- that's gotta help State when the regional site is selected.  Of course, there's lots of basketball left between now and then . . .

Jackguy -- Actually, the first round of the RMAC is played at member sites and then they move to Colo. Springs.   I'm scheduled to be in Denver for a seminar on the 4th and 5th and the RMAC has their first round on the 3rd.  I think I'll catch an early flight and make a trip to Metro's campus to see just how good they are. Then again, they'll be playing the lowest seed in their conference, so it may not be much of a ballgame.  In any event, I'll check them out.   A full scouting report will follow.  
        That a boy Crashola, the Rabbits have eyes everywhere! ;D

Go State!

Comment

Working...
        X