Jacks vs UNO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks vs UNO

Defending National Champion SDSU Women defeat UNO 97-61.  NDSU beat MSU, UND and USD women win. If NDSU wins tomorrow they host the tourney.

Lets Go Jackrabbits!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Jacks vs UNO

Guest (whoever you are),

Nagy says the boys are ready to play and ready to win.  Expects a defensive battle, 70 points per team.  He thinks Joe and Matt might play "a little bit".  He is not sure they will play at all.

Nagy wants better defense, especially against Ty Graham and Tola Dada.  He sounds pretty intense.  I expect the Jacks to come out hot and open up an early lead.  LETS GO RABBITS!!  Jacks have never won more than 26 in one year.  Lets tie that mark tonight!!

UNO is not a great rebounding team and they are not that great at the line.  UNO has won 3 of the last 4 against the Jacks.  We need Cerveny to establish the inside game and Q and Andy to shut down their guards.  I'm not sure who can shut down Tola, but someone better.  Lets get it on!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Jones is in the game. Lets see how things go. UNO up 11-5. Three 3-pointers.

Comment

Jones grabs the rebound and stuffs it!!  Welcome back Matt Jones!!!  Lets go Rabbits!!  (7 exclamation points)

10 minutes to go in the 1st half Jacks down 21-19. Jones has 4 points (0-2 at the line) Joe Green is also in the game. A little better defense and things will turn our way. Moeller has 2 fouls early.

Comment

Thanks for the updates Doc!!

Comment

Terrible half of BB by the Jacks.  Serious lack of defensive intensity.  No excuses for this!!  No heart, no desire, not ready to win this game.  

Not rebounding well.  This has lead to some forced possesions on the offensive end.  Moeller misses a layup at the buzzer (miserable).  Lucky to be down only 40-31 at the half.  We need to play better on defense early in the 2nd half, its all about who wants it more!!

UNO 48% from the field, SDSU 40%.  State 1-5 from the line, UNO 4-4.  We lead 21-18 on the boards.  Beren and Moeller limited by foul trouble, 2 apiece early.

If we play better defense we will win this game going away.  If not, watch out. Full house in Omaha tonight, 3,500 plus.

SCSU leads UND 40-33, USD ahead of Augie 28-24, MSU leads NDSU 37-26.

Comment

Not sure how often you guys want an update but here goes.

Moeller with a layup and foul, misses the F.T.  UNO turns it over, Matt Jones shoots and is fouled, 1-1 at the line Jacks down 44-39.  (3-10 at the F.T. line)

Comment

Moeller picks up his 4th foul with Jacks trailing 48-46.  Schantz fouled on a 3-point shot makes all 3 F.T.s and gives the Jacks the lead 49-48.  Playing alot better defense but need some help on offense.  GO JACKS!!! (12 minutes to play)

Comment

Mini-run by the Mavs and they go up 53-49, 4th foul on Beren.  Wenig hits a three 53-52 with 8:44 to go.

USD up 48-43, MSU ahead of NDSU 47-45, SCSU way up on UND.

Comment

Tola Dada and Ty Graham determined to win this game.  Jacks not putting up any fight right now.  UNO ahead 65-56 with 3:30 to play.  Graham has 21 points and Dada must have about 15.   Play some defense, show some heart.  Jacks make 2 F.T.s 65-58.

Jacks get a steal and a dunk by Beren, 65-60.  Keep it up Jacks, timeout UNO.

Q fouls out, Graham at the line, not good for the Jacks, makes both UNO up 67-60 with 2:29 to play.  Moeller fouled, only 1-2 (Jacks have missed 10 F.T.s) now 67-61 doesn't look good, 1:25 to play.  We need UNO to miss some F.T.s

Comment

Do I even want to know the score?? ???

Comment

Nothing good to add, Jacks struggle, UNO wants it more and the Jacks will likely lose.  Moeller has fouled out and joins Q on the bench.  12 points for Moeller.  Crowd chanting overrated (probably accurate) UNO now up 70-63 with only 35 seconds to play.

Final score 74-63 UNO students flood the court (not allowed at SDSU even for regional titles), really a bad loss for the Jackrabbits.  They showed no heart and the team that showed up tonight has no chance at a regional title much less a national championship.  We might be the 3rd best team in the NCC right now.  

Pack your bags for Omaha and then Denver.  We will have to win this thing on the road.  This team needs to do a lot of work or we will be watching someone else play out in California. UNO is either a better team or they want it more than us, either way its sad, really. If you can't tell, I am extremely disappointed in this team and I think I deserve to be. They had a chance to control their own destiny and failed to sieze the moment. Credit to UNO (I suppose) but I can't see them making any waves in the post-season.

I hope we can go into USD tomorrow and play with some pride. We sure didn't seem to tonight.

Comment

I feel like Nancy Kerrigan... WHHHYYYY... WHHYYY... :'( :'(

Comment

Beat State - Not Your Wife

Comment

Nagy echos my sentiment.  Nagy says (paraphrased)  Best players didn't show-up.  Worst game of the year by Moeller, Schantz, and Q.  UNO played better, wanted it more.  Green not ready to play.  Matt Jones played alright and is ready to play.

Jacks only had 7 assists tonight!!  If we don't play better tomorrow we will go into the post-season with a 2-game losing streak.  I just don't understand this team. ???

(Nice win over a tough Augie team tonight yote fairy.  At least we get a game against a weaker team in the conference tomorrow.)

South Dakota 74
                              Augustana 72

Minnesota State 90
                              North Dakota State 85

St. Cloud State 86
                              North Dakota 83

Nebraska-Omaha 74
                              South Dakota State 63

Comment

Working...
                              X