TV game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV game

For those who can't make next week's USD game, I read in tonight's program that KELO will be broadcasting the game.

Re: TV game

I'm holding firm to my prediction that the SDSU-USD game(s) will be among the most shameful spectacles of bad sportsmanship ever in the history of the NCAA.

I would LOVE it if the Yote fans and teams would prove me wrong and act with class, win or lose. It's your reputation on the line here, Yotes. Try to keep the carrots, dead rabbits, whiskey bottles, coins/other projectiles, obscenities, and spit to a minimum, OK?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Having the game broadcast to a state-wide audience will once and for all show the entire state the kind of classless fans USD really has.

I've heard through the grapevine that the USD students have some pretty tasteless shirts done up that take a shot at Fred. Hopefully the new AD will not let them be displayed at the game, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

My announced attendance prediction for the USD game at Vermillion - 8,490 - one more than what SDSU announced for the game in Frost. Everyone knows the grain bin doesn't hold more than about 6,500, yet they've done that in years past when we play in Brookings first. Just another high class move on their part.

Comment

Catchemall is correct, the usd announced attendance is usually 1 more than the Frost Arena crowd. (What a coincidence) I too think that will be an ugly display of true usd sportsmanship. I can do without the whiskey bottles on the court, but I could care less how many carrots/dead rabbits come out, Heres a little math...
        1 rabbit=3pts.
        1carrott=3pts
        etc.... I think yall get my angle here.

Comment

Second only to a trip to the Elite 8 and a national championship, I would love nothing more than the Jacks to beat the tar out of the Coyotes on their home court next week. What a sweet ending to the Jacks final NCC season that would be!

Comment

Don't worry about rowdy fans. Chris Solari has left his job at the Argus Leader and is now a part-time security officer for NCC athletic events and he will be in charge of monitoring the crowd on Saturday. So State fans tempted to throw objects on to the court to get technical fouls called on the Yotes better be careful.

With regards to the t-shirts, tasteless vs. clever depends on the person reading the T-shirt. I think "Beat State - Not Your Wife" is clever. Also with the recent article in the Collegian, I am sure that the back and forth chant of "Screw the U" vs. "State Sucks" may show up with some reference to 10 minutes.

All BS aside and not trying to start another rehashing of the merits of State going D1AA and the U staying DII, I have several family members and good friends from both institutions and all agree that the rivalry should be continued.

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes
               So State fans tempted to throw objects on to the court to get technical fouls called on the Yotes better be careful.
              Let me start by saying welcome to the board mangy dog fan. . .I mean Coyote fan. As far as State fans throwing things to get fouls on the Yotes, that is the saddest excuse I have ever heard. : Where USD seats our fans in the Grain Bin we couldn't throw anything to the court even if we wanted to. You will also remember that NOTHING was thrown at Frost so we will see if your people are up to the task of keeping the peace.

If you think your shirts are clever, its just proves our point. Lastly if you want the rivalry to go on, tell your AD to sign the contracts. I would love to keep pounding the Coyotes! Go Jacks!

Comment

If the bunnies would agree to a home and home contract, I am sure the U would sign it.

Beat State - Not Your Wife.

Comment

As soon as Nebraska, Northern Iowa, or Minnesota signs a home and home with you we will get all over that.  We will be D-I you will be D-II, get it?  Have fun playing at Upper Iowa! :  Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

At this point you are D-1 in name only. I do believe the Bison were willing to play the Sioux on a home and home basis. When you become a D-1 power and are playing to a packed house of 45,000 in Couglin Alumni, hopefully you will still keep your high-tech scoreboard, and Frost Arena has been expanded to 20,000 to hold the overflow crowd for you home and home with Duke and Stanford, then you have a legitimate argument for refusing to the play the U in a home and home. Until then, it is a pretty lame excuse.

Beat State - Not Your Wife

Comment

Again, as soon as you have a home and home with UNI, Creighton, Drake, Montana, Montana St. (All area D-I and or I-AA) let me know.  Otherwise have fun playing AT Upper Iowa, against NAIA Peru State, Lincoln University (Jefferson City, MO) whoever they are, or the always scary (for you) D-III Wisconsin-LaCrosse (now that you have a D-III coach who has played them before, maybe you might win. . . maybe).  Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

gocoyotes,

I'm sure you are going to get what you want _ the wrath of Jackrabbit fans. Let me share some things about USD alumni:

1) They have the habit of thinking they can build themselves up by tearing other people down. That practice has been going on for years.

2) Students and USD alumni always think they are a little smarter than the rest of the general population. Just ask them.

3) It's unthinkable to most USD alumni that "the cow college" could be one step ahead of them on anything.

The stark reality for the students, friends and alumni of USD is that they are finally realizing something _ they need us more than we need them. For years they treated SDSU like a stepchild at a family reunion. One day the child grew up and said, "I don't need your crap anymore!"

I've always said the best way to see Vermillion is in your rearview mirror. Goodbye Coyotes ... have a nice life.

Comment

Originally posted by DanceswithRabbits
                           Otherwise have fun playing AT Upper Iowa, against NAIA Peru State, Lincoln University (Jefferson City, MO) whoever they are, or the always scary (for you) D-III Wisconsin-LaCrosse (now that you have a D-III coach who has played them before, maybe you might win. . . maybe).  Go Jackrabbits!
                          DWR -- Of course, the party line in Vermillion has always been that they want to stay D-II so they can compete for a national championship. They'll make great strides in that direction with all of that tough competition they've scheduled. :

Comment

Actually, no, we're still in Division II, in the "exploratory year" of the ridiculously lengthy process of moving up to Division I.

Please join us when you think you're ready.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I am not trying to incur the wrath of the Rabbits. The move to D-1 may be the correct move, time will tell.

I, along with the vast majority of the SDSU fans would love not only to see the U-State rivalry continued. The attraction of the rivalry is the ability to engage in some good-natured ribbing with your friends and neighbors. I have many fond, but somewhat hazy memories of my road trips to Brookings. The Lantern, Horts, house parties, Hobo Day, etc. The ability to go visit your former high school classmates for a weekend of fun and football and basketball is the beauty of an in-state rivalry. The fun of having a friendly bet with your neighbor or coworker who is a graduate of State will be gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X