So now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now what?

Last nights loss was heart breaking.  I'm kinda glad that I had family obligations that kept me out of Omaha and away from my computer (Thanks Texas for the updates via the phone).  Life and the Season must go on.

So the question is, now what?  The answear is simple really none of our goals have been taken from us.  If we win tonight we not only beat our in-state rival but we will win a share of our 21st and last NCC regular season championship (If Augie could help us out we win it out right).  True unless there is an Augie miracle we will not get to host the NCC tourney, but who cares.  We can win that as well, we will just need to do it on the road and finally the BIG PRIZE the NCAA D-II Championship is still out there.  We are 25-4, not bad!

We are in the Regionals right now.  We will probably need to win the Regional on the road, but we can do it.  We gave UNK everything they wanted and more last year on their floor (and they went on to the Elite 8) with a depleted Jackrabbit team.  This year we seem to be getting healthy at the right time (Jones and Green get back into action).

If and when we get to California, last nights game will seem like a bad dream, and no one will care.  Let's keep our chins up.  Our stars played arguably their worst game as a group last night, we had foul trouble and we still hung with a team/player that lives to beat us.  We still have everything before us, we just need to reach out and take it.  This group of young man can do it, I FEEL it!

Go State!  

Re: So now what?

89 Rabbit:
    I was in Omaha last evening.  Wow what a Jackrabbit following.  There could not have been many people left in South Dakota they seem to be at Sapp Field house, which is a dump. Building an impressive entrance and a new ticket booth is hardly  good use of  Mr. Sapp's big gift. If I were Mr. Sapp, who owns several truck stops, I would want an accounting of my gift.  They do have back chair seating on the north side, but basically the same dumpy place that I first entered back in1985.

Its hard to say what all this means.  At times we did show some moxie, but Derrick Schantz was at least 1-12 from the field which really was an off night for our good shooter

If we can win tonight that has our possiblities better than if we lose.  I think its going to be  a deeper climb without being able to host the NCC or the Regional.

The good news is Matt Jones and Joe Green both back and playing.  Lets see what additional punch they provide tonight.

That Ty Graham is a trash talker.  Q and Moeller both nearly hauled off and hit him.

Comment

First, we need a win over USD. Next we get Matt Jones and Joe Green back into the rotation (if there ready) or we go with Cerveny and Beren. If UNO beats Augie (which they will, unless God is a Jackrabbit) then we need to win at Frost Tuesday and march back to UNO and win the NCC championship over UNO exacting some revenge.

UNK beats Metro tonight and then they both lose in the RMAC tourney semis or championship. This sways the committee and the Jacks still get the #1 seed and host the regional ;D ;D ;D!! What do you think about that?? (Crazy I know, but fun to think about)

Lets just beat the miserable yotes tonight and go from there.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

By the way Doc... God IS a Jackrabbit !! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
          By the way Doc... God IS a Jackrabbit !! ;D
          All this time I thought he was an M.D. ;D Thanks for opening my eyes.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

God had UNO down the first half but he must have remembered he was in Omaha and got the hell out of there during the second half.

Comment

Working...
            X