UND - Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND - Wells Fargo

They say it is hard to beat a team three times in one season. Anyone worried about Tuesday's game in Frost? UND has played us tough, although I feel they have benefited from their travel partner's placement at the time (NDSU was in 1st place in the NCC both times we did the ND games).

I personally think the team will rebound from this weekend, get their heads on right and put the Sioux away early. At least I hope so.

Go State!

Re: UND - Wells Fargo

Good thing is we just have to beat them once. I look for an A+ effort with Schantz and Moeller getting back on track. I would like to see less of the 3 freshman and more of guys like Calvin Melaney who I thought had a good weekend. I understand he has some mental lapses but he is physical presence on both offense and defense. I'm at a loss why he hasn't got more time this year. The Freshman have come back to reality in the NCC games. If we win and USD wins will make for quite a rematch on a neutral court.

Comment

I too noticed that the Freshmen were never the same after NCC play started. Green and Beran would have good games from time to time, but Wenig was never the shooter he was in the pre-NCC.

I think Calvin got in Coach's dog house early and often. He didn't even play on Sr. night aginst MSU-Mankato.

Go State!

Comment

OK, the three day mourning period after losing the conference regular season championship has now passed. We shall not speak of the grain bin, nor of what has happened there. It is of the past. It is of our former life, which is passing away. The future awaits.

The Sioux are in our way.

They will be defeated.

The Jackrabbits will win the NCC. It ain't nearly over yet, folks.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This could be more of a game than you might think. The win in UND was a tough one and I promise you they are not intimidated. I hope people turn out for the games tonight we will need the typical racous Frost crowd.

Jacks need to come out early and keep the crowd in the game. Someone needs to shut down Rypkema and keep Lindahl in check. We should outrebound them handily and I think our offense will return on the homecourt.

Schantz, Moeller and Cerveny need to step-up while Q provides a steady performance. I would like to see more of Calvin, Gass, Giever and Beren and a lot less of Wenig and Green. Wenig is a major liability on defense, he can't handle the ball and his spot-up shooting has deteriorated. He needs a lot of work in the off-season if he wants to be a DI player.

I think this team will do best with an 8 man rotation including Moller, Q, Gass, Schantz, and Cerveny as the starters (unless Jones is ready) with Giever, Beren, and Jones off the bench. If Beren struggles then try Green or Melany. If Giever isn't hitting shots try Wenig. I don't see a role for DeJong if Jones can play.

Big game tonight. NSIC and RMAC start their tourneys tomorr
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Would someone please keep an update going tonight's game. My Boss and my Boss' Boss flew into town so I will be having dinner with them and will join the game late. Thanks in advance.

Comment

89rabbit

We will do that. Have great dinner and keep that boss happy. It puts bread on the table.

Comment

I'll add color to SDSUFANS posts. I won't be home from the lab on time for the women's game, however, so SDSUFAN is on his own.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Jack Women are flying by Mankato 63-37 so far. 10 three pointer so far. No 11 threes Deeckmeyer who else makes one more.  12:50 to go 66-37. Boy this message age board will not let you spell a persons name properly or it changes it to thingy. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I was trying to figure out if you were being funny with the Thingymeyer comment...LOL!
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Imagine if we were the South Carolina Gamecocks.

Here is the latest women's poll.  I suspect SDSU, UND and NDSU are better right now than every team ranked ahead of them.

Rk School (First place votes)
                      1.  Seattle Pacific (18)  
                      2.  Drury (3)  
                      3.  California (Pa.)  
                      4.  Glenville State (1)  
                      5.  Concordia - St. Paul  
                      6.  Emporia State  
                      7.  Shaw (1)  
                      8.  North Dakota  
                      9.  South Dakota State
                      10.  Merrimack  
                      11.  Washburn  
                      12.  North Dakota State  
                      13.  Rollins  
                      14.  Quincy  
                      15.  South Dakota  
                      16.  Lake Superior State  
                      17.  North Florida    
                      18.  Angelo State  
                      19.  Holy Family  
                      20.  Northwest Missouri St.  
                      21.  Georgia College & State    
                      22.  West Texas A&M  
                      23.  Cal. State - Bakersfield    
                      24.(t) Armstrong Atlantic State  
                      24.(t)  Fort Valley State  

Comment

Okay, I'm over the two day funk that was precipitated by the Jacks stinking up the court over the weekend.

All is forgiven and forgotten. Let the second season begin! Go State!

Comment

96-53...women hit 15 3-pointers, tie school record set earlier this year.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Lets go get the whining Sue in Fargo.  If this SDSU team can hit the 3 (and I don't mean 15 per game) they can beat anyone on any night.

USD wins 73-44 and will play NDSU Friday.  It will be tough for SCSU to make the regional now.  UND, NDSU, USD, and SDSU are in.  Its now just about seeding.  We want a high seed (#2 if possible) and an RMAC or NSIC team in the first round of the regional. I expect an all NCC regional championship with SDSU as one of the participants.

Comment

Well women seem to be on target tonight 15 three pointers a tie of an old record.  40 Point win. MSU-Mankato women are looking for a new coach next year as the current one was re-assigned to another job on campus.  That may have made the win a little easier, you never know. 96-53 final score. Will face the winner of UND-Augie game in Fargo on Friday night

Comment

Working...
                              X