USD Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Wells Fargo

I felt like we needed to start a new thread for the new game. It is the post season and time to take out USD!

Go State!

Re: USD Wells Fargo

does anybody know how many UNO's arena holds, and how hard it will be to get tickets for this weekend's games. From thesounds of it UNO actually had a decent following last weekend and i'm sure the U will bring down a fair number since they are only a skip and a jump away and they are playing us( the only game they ever show up for). Will tickets be a hot item or what??? :-/
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Would love to make it to the game friday night. Looks like the u found a little offense tonight. Then again MSU doesn't play the best D. Jones returns and post 22 and 11!!! Hope he can get rested up by Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
        does anybody know how many UNO's arena holds, and how hard it will be to get tickets for this weekend's games.  From thesounds of it UNO actually had a decent following last weekend and i'm sure the U will bring down a fair number since they are only a skip and a jump away and they are playing us( the only game they ever show up for).  Will tickets be a hot item or what??? :-/
        UNO Sapp Field House has been stated as holding 3800
        They now have permanent back chairs on the right side of the playing floor.  When SDSU played them last friday, there were empty seats, but when a friend of mine arrived at 6:30 and attempted to purchase a reserve seat, they told they were told that the reserved seats were sold out. UNO apparently has a bunch of no shows who have purchased the tickets. Whether they will show up for this one is anyone's guess.

The UNO following is not as good as SDSU. They are very much fairweather fans.  So now that UNO beat us, they may likely all show up.
        Could be standing room only.

Comment

Here is an update on the Ticket situation for this weekend. To order tickets call 402-554-6287 which is the UNO ticket office and tickets can be ordered over the telephone with a credit card and they will have Will Call Table in the Lobby.

They are selling the reserved seats by game. I ordered a ticket for both games(SDSU vs USD) and NDSU vs UNO and the cost was 24 dollars Twelve for the first and twelve for the second game. If you just by one reserved you can stay in the building but can not occupy the reserved seat. We may have done the same at Frost not sure.

Here is an article in today's Omaha World Herald and notice no telephone numbers are listed. Boy if I was the UNO AD and on the tournament committee, I would be after some one for the ommission.
          Wednesday
          March 3, 2004

Mavs looking at adding extra seats for NCC tourney

BY ROB WHITE

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

UNO is working on securing extra bleachers for this weekend's North Central Conference men's basketball tournament, but that doesn't mean Sapp Fieldhouse's capacity will go beyond 3,800.

"We'll have additional seats, but it's just going to cut down on the amount of standees," said Gary Anderson, sports information director at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. "It should be a little more comfortable."

UNO drew 3,600 for its game Friday against South Dakota State, one of the largest crowds in years at the fieldhouse, with a couple of hundred people standing. Anderson said no more than 3,800 will be allowed in the building at one time due to fire codes.

Tickets went on sale Tuesday for the tournament. The tournament champion earns an automatic trip to the NCAA Division II tournament.

UNO will play at 8 p.m. Friday night in a semifinal game against North Dakota State. The first semifinal, at 6, pairs the South Dakota State against the South Dakota.

Fans interested in seeing UNO's Friday night game may want to strongly consider purchasing a ticket in advance at the Sapp Fieldhouse ticket office, from 8 a.m. through 5 p.m., today, Thursday and Friday. Fans who are in attendance at the 6 p.m. game will be allowed to stay, if they wish, and South Dakota and South Dakota State are known to have large followings - they drew a crowd of 8,500 last Saturday in Vermillion, S.D.

Tickets for Friday are $5 for students (kindergarten through college), $10 for general admission and $12 for reserved. Reserved (chairback) seats are good for only one game, but can be used as general admission for the other game.

Tickets for Saturday's 7 p.m. championship game are $5 for students, $8 for general admission and $12 for reserved. The ticket office will be open Saturday from 11 a.m. through 2 p.m., then will re-open at 5:30.

All tickets can be purchased in advance. About 450 reserved seats are available.

Contact the Omaha World-Herald newsroom

home | Contact | Site Map | Search | Help/Info | Your First Stop

©2004 Omaha World-Herald. All rights reserved. Copyright | Terms of Use | Privacy Questions? Comments? Suggestions? webmaster@omaha.com

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
            They are selling the reserved seats by game. I ordered a ticket for both games(SDSU vs USD) and NDSU vs UNO and the cost was 24 dollars Twelve for the first and twelve for the second game.  If you just by one reserved you can stay in the building but can not occupy the reserved seat.  We may have done the same at Frost not sure.
            How in the world are they going to police their reserved seats after game one??? In Frost, it would be one ticket for the night, if you have a reserved seat you keep it. Can you imagine trying to go thru the chairbacks at Frost and move someone. Granted 450 seats at UNO is small beans compared to Frost. And whichever team loses game one their fans will take off. But think of this, say SDSU fans buy 300 reserved seats for game one, and then want to stick around for game two. Some will try to stay in their reserved seat and put up a fight. The one thing UNO has going for them is that SDSU's fans are very cordial and understanding and a majority who purchase reserved seats will move to GA to watch some of UNO's game.

Back to Tuesday's game, attendance of 2,200+, that's pretty sad. I know it was Mankato and UND, but this is tournament time. Those fans that are in the area need to show some support.

Comment

Tuesday was a poor night to schedule the games. A lot of high school girls region games and boys district games were played the same night. But student numbers alone should have put more people in the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll_Guy

How in the world are they going to police their reserved seats after game one??? In Frost, it would be one ticket for the night, if you have a reserved seat you keep it. Can you imagine trying to go thru the chairbacks at Frost and move someone. Granted 450 seats at UNO is small beans compared to Frost. And whichever team loses game one their fans will take off. But think of this, say SDSU fans buy 300 reserved seats for game one, and then want to stick around for game two. Some will try to stay in their reserved seat and put up a fight. The one thing UNO has going for them is that SDSU's fans are very cordial and understanding and a majority who purchase reserved seats will move to GA to watch some of UNO's game.
                Catch:
                You got me, maybe you need to go down their and be their consultant.

Comment

Hopefully Jones outburst brought some energy and good shooting back to the team, i sure hope derrick, andy, and Q step us this weekend scoring wise. We need some consistency on the perimeter. I think that is the one area where you really notice how much we miss austin hanson. it seemed as if he always hit the big shot when we needed it whether it was to put us ahead or to stop a big run bythe other team. Thank god for matt jones on tuesday, but it is time for the upperclassman to lead us now.

Lets go rabbits.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I just read my print version of the Brookings Register of the SDSU-USD game and Andy Moeller is quoted as saying he let the team down this past weekend. That is pretty humble coming from Andy, but I think he has character and will come back this weekend. I think the guys need to have their own meeting and talk these things out. Not that there are personality clashes or conflict, its a letheragic mood that has taken over and I would think by talking about it they can help pull each other out of this mood.

I dont think anyone wants to lose, but its been a long season and lots of teams fold this time of year, only this team is way to talented to let this happen.

Comment

Andy had a couple of huge rebounds at the end of the game. This is what separates him from a player like Mueller. I wouldn't trade Andy for any guard in the NCC, he is a DI caliber talent. I have complete faith in his ability to lead this team on the perimeter. If Jones and Cerveny +/- Melany can establish any inside presence we will be tough to beat. If Schantz, Gass, and Q just play steady with occasional flashes of talent and we get some contribution for 1 or 2 of the freshman each game we are unbeatable. I know it seems like a lot to ask, but I expect alot.

Someone keep me posted on the RMAC tourney and NSIC tourney I am working in the ER tonight.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Obviously the Jacks are a much better team with Matt Jones. What is his status for this weekend? Will he be able to play? Should the Jacks beat the Yotes (I hope not), will he be able to play back to back nights? If he is only good for one night, I suggest the Jacks save him in hopes of playing on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes
                          Obviously the Jacks are a much better team with Matt Jones.  What is his status for this weekend?  Will he be able to play?  Should the Jacks beat the Yotes (I hope not), will he be able to play back to back nights?  If he is only good for one night, I suggest the Jacks save him in hopes of playing on Saturday night.  
                          I'm sure you would suggest that Matt no play Friday. I think it is say to say that you will get to see him in action. Goyotes, be afraid be very afraid! ;D

Go State!

Comment

Here is part of the Argus story about tonight's game:

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Fridayarticle3.shtml

Jackrabbits get another shot at Coyotes tonight
                            Mick Garry
                            mgarry@argusleader.com

published: 3/5/2004

There is going to be one team from the state of South Dakota playing for the men's North Central Conference Wells Fargo Finals championship on Saturday night at the University of Nebraska-Omaha.

Anything else about the potential importance of tonight's SDSU vs. USD semifinal in Omaha at 6 p.m. is based on educated guesses and hunches.

It's only the second time the two schools have met in postseason play in recent memory. The Jacks defeated USD 61-47 in the finals of the NCC tournament at the end of the 1990-91 season but the pair have played only in the regular season since then. . . .

. . . .The SDSU men defeated North Dakota 74-63 on Tuesday night at Frost Arena to advance to the semifinals. USD's men beat Minnesota State 97-82 at the DakotaDome.

The Jacks' victory was marked by the re-emergence of Matt Jones. The 6-6 sophomore, beset by a variety of ailments dating back to last season, contributed 22 points and 11 rebounds in less than half a game for the Jacks after not playing at all against USD the previous Saturday.

"Hopefully, he'll be able to come back," SDSU coach Scott Nagy said Tuesday night. "It's just that we don't know. He might be able to play Friday and not play Saturday. We just don't know. But he's so important to our team."

Nagy went on to say that the Jacks' success without Jones was a credit to the rest of the team.

"To have 26 wins and a lot of them without him just tells you how good our team is," Nagy said. "Had we had him, who knows if we'd have even lost."

The possibility of Jones' presence is not lost on the Coyotes.

"He's the real deal," Boots said. "He's as good as there is in the country."

Go State, Screw the U! ;D

Comment

What does your girl friend do.

Comment

Working...
                              X