RMAC and NSIC, regional slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMAC and NSIC, regional slots

Metro wins in the semis of the RMAC, UNK plays Mesa St. tonight.

UMD upsets Bemidji in the NSIC tourney, NSU and Winona play tonight.  If BSU or Winona win the NSIC that likely gives them 3 spots with NSU, BSU and the conference champ.  RMAC is garunteed 2 with UNK and Metro.  Both UNO and USD are in from the NCC.

We need a win by UNK tonight and by NSU tonight and tomorrow if we want to feel comfortable about a regional spot.  Otherwise we could be left out, not inappropriately.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: RMAC and NSIC, regional slots

NSU escapes defeat by beating Winona in O.T.

Kearney trails Mesa St. by 4 with 10 minutes to play.  If Mesa St. wins this game they will receive some consideration for the regional, currently they stand #9.

BSU is the NSIC regular season champs but they lost to 5 NCC schools this year and were upset in the semis of their tournament.  I agree with Jackrabbit1979 that we deserve a spot ahead of them.  That said, I will be pulling big time for NSU over UMD and Metro or UNK to win the RMAC.  I do not want anything left to chance.

UNO, USD, Metro, UNK, and NSU are in. It really comes down to 5 teams for the remaining 3 spots. SDSU, Bemidji, UMD, Ft. Lewis and Mesa St. (if they win tonight). I think we are by far the best team out of the 5 but UMD can still grab the auto bid.

Lets just assume UMD wins and they are in. That means 4 teams for 2 spots. I still like our chances. We should be in, not on current merit but on early season play, precedent, and because no one else is better.

North Central  
    1. Metropolitan State 25-2  
    2. Nebraska-Kearney 24-3  
    3. Nebraska-Omaha 20-7  
    4. South Dakota State 25-5  
    5. Northern State 21-6  
    6. South Dakota 19-8  
    7. Bemidji State 19-8  
    8. Colorado Christian 19-8  
    9. Mesa State 18-8  
    10. Ft. Lewis 18-8  
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Re: RMAC and NSIC, regional slots

Kearney and Mesa St. in O.T., Kearney leads by 4.  Lets go Lopers.

UNK pulls out the win over Mesa St. in O.T.  They will play Metro tomorrow.

Other than UNK and Metro I don't think any team from the RMAC deserves a regional bid over SDSU.  The Jacks should be in.

Comment

Working...
      X