ALL Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL Conference

Jacks place two on all conference team. Derrick Schantz and Andy Moeller. Ben Beran is Freshman of the year. Marquise Richardson was honerable mention. MVP is Tola Dada of UNO. My first choice would have been Jamel Staten. One person missing from the first team was Josh Mueller. What does that tell you Yotes fans.

Re: ALL Conference

Don't sell Josh short, he did get an "honorable" mention.  That's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.  I wonder if USD fans will recognize this snub for what it is?  I suspect they won't.

Congrats to Andy and Derrick.  Nice to see Q get a little love. Beren should be thrilled, quite an honor.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

When will the women's all conference be announced? Vogel is a lock for freshman of the year. How many in row is that for SDSU?

Comment

6 or 7 ? ;D

Comment

I don't think Vogel is a lock for fresman of the year. She averaged around 7 rebounds a game and 14 points a game. Erika Quigley of Saint Cloud averaged over 8 rebounds a game and scored about 18 points per game. Vogel is a very good player.

If memory serves me correct, it would only be four in a row. Koupal, Davis, Schlagel, and Sieler. I don't know who got it before Koupal.

Comment

Any truth to the rumor that Vogel will follow the good example of Koupal and transfer to the U.

Comment

i haven't heard any truth to that rumor go yotes, but i bet you would be salivating over the idea. I doubt it is true being Megan knew she was being recruited to a D1 program in the first place. But who knows, andybody else herad anything. How about you RabbitinVerm, any rumors you can relay from the armpit of SD. I would say Vogel has a better chance than the gal from St. Cloud, even though her numbers weren't quite as good, she wasn't the offensive focal point of the rabbits, like the girl was in St. Cloud. But who knows.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

And you say Koupals "good example", even though Koupal publically says its the best decision she ever made, i would be hard pressed to say that she wouldn't trade her player of the year for our national championship. and if she wouldn't she is probably playing the wrong sport. its a team game.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Mandy Koupal is a great player. Probably the best I've seen at the DII level. But, we did fine without her. I'm glad she is happy at USD. Her records will be around for awhile and then someone else will come along and break them.

As for Vogel, she won't go to USD. She doesn't have a Stacy Schooley (Mandy's best friend) hammering on her every day to go to USD. And of course there is that slippery Chad Lavin peering out of the shadows...you've got to watch out for him.

Comment

Didn't Sherri Brende take home freshman of the year honors the year before Koupal?

Comment

I think the coyote fan is just "trying" to be funny. Vogel isnt going to usd. Why would she? When Koupal graduates so do any hopes the yotes have of a winning season. Vogel went to SDSU to play at a D1 school, U of Minnesota recruited her heavily. Koupal could have had a championship ring last year and quite possibly this year-looks like a pretty bad decision on her part

Comment

Hello fello Rabbit fans! I am excited about the board and am a die hard Jacks fan. I have a question.

You guys are talking about freshman of the year. Didn't Pater win it also. Or was that the same year that Mandy "the nose" Koupal was here?

Go Jacks!

Comment

http://www.northcentralconference.or...c3ea883574.pdf

3 from SDSU, Vogel, Davis, and Schlagel.  Sieler co-defensive player of the year.  Quigley gets freshman of the year.  

2003-2004 All-North Central Conference Womens Basketball Team

Name School

Arin Andrews Minnesota State F/C 6-0 So. 13.1 7.0 West Concord, Minn.
                          Kristi Boese North Dakota F 6-1 So. 17.3 8.3 Rochester, Minn.
                          Brenda Davis** South Dakota State G/F 5-11 Sr. 12.7 5.1 Colton, S.D.
                          Michelle Fricke* North Dakota State C 6-2 Sr. 16.9 6.6 Maple Grove, Minn.
                          Angie Froehlich* North Dakota State G 5-9 Sr. 16.1 4.3 Algona, Iowa
                          Laura Hensley Augustana G 5-9 Jr. 16.0 3.4 Sioux Falls, S.D.
                          Mandy Koupal^ South Dakota F 6-1 Jr. 26.1 12.6 Wagner, S.D.
                          Katie Krauth Augustana G/F 5-10 Jr. 14.9 4.6 Hartford, S.D.
                          Marisa Leighton* North Dakota F 6-0 Sr. 21.9 6.2 Minnetonka, Minn.
                          Katie Lorenz North Dakota State G 5-8 So. 13.6 4.4 Langdon, N.D.
                          Erika Quigley St. Cloud State P 6-2 Fr. 18.1 8.9 Duluth, Minn.
                          Shannon Schlagel* South Dakota State F 6-0 Jr. 16.9 6.5 Raymond, S.D.
                          Stacy Schooley South Dakota G 5-9 Sr. 6.9 4.1 Watertown, S.D.
                          Hannah Stolba Minnesota State G/F 5-9 Jr. 14.2 4.9 Cedar Rapids, Iowa
                          Megan Vogel South Dakota State G/F 5-11 Fr. 14.8 7.6 St. Peter, Minn.
                          *Two-time selection (2003 and 2004) **Three-time selection (2002, 2003 and 2004) ^Four-time selection (2000, 2002, 2003 and 2004)

Coach of the Year: Amy Ruley, North Dakota State
                          Most Valuable Player: Mandy Koupal, South Dakota
                          Defensive Players of the Year: Cara Demaine, North Dakota & Heather Sieler, South Dakota State
                          Freshman of the Year: Erika Quigley, St. Cloud State Newcomer of the Year: Meghan Woster, South Dakota

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thanks md for the update. I forgot about Quigley from St. Cloud. I still believe Vogel is head and shoulders above her as far as talent. Maybe I'm a little biased. Too many good players on the Rabbits for Vogel to rack up personal stats. Don't get me wrong Quiqley deserves it with those numbers. Jackrabbit1979, a few rumors I've heard down here is Sieler is headed to either USD or Mankato and AJ is skipping town and heading for Mankato. Haven't heard anything about Vogel heading the the u. Just rumors though.

Comment

I think those rumors are insane, AJ to Minn St? what kind of a upgrade/promotion would that be. We do need to worry about keeping AJ in the future, but if we loose him it will be to a major program (Big 12, Big 10, MVC,SEC, etc...) As far as Heather transferring... doubtful, We have another Huron recruit coming in and she has been a team leader the past two years and gets a lot of props/praise in Brookings. I think these rumors are more wishful thinking by our enemies than factual. Thats my take on this subject.

Comment

Working...
                              X