Bakersfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakersfield

I hope we make it! OK...I am sure I will get beaten up for this question, but can you tell me again how they decide tomorrow weather we go to the Regionals or not? And then if we go, we have to win how many games in Denver to get to CA? : I know its probably a stupid question, but I am not up on all of the logistics of it all and have been SOOOOO busy with work that I haven't been on the board lately. I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
    Go Jacks!!!! ;D

Re: Bakersfield

The Jacks are probably in the regional with 26 wins. Not sure if we deserve to be there, but we'll probably be in. Frankly at this point I'd like to see us slip all the way down to the #8 seed and take on Metro State right away. It might do the team good to come into a game as a decided underdog...you never know.

It's single-elimination from here on out...you win, you get to keep playing. Three games in Denver, then three in Bakersfield...but that's an awful long way away considering how SDSU's played the past three weeks or so.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert,
      Thanks for the run down. I really appreciate it. That is how I thought it happened, but I wanted to make sure.

Go Jacks! ;D
      Bunny

Comment

Filberts right. We will probably be in the regional. A win by NSU today would help by knocking UMD out. Metro and Kearney are playing for the RMAC auto bid and, of course, they are both already in.

Teams that are in for sure: UNO, Metro, UNK, NSU and USD. Teams on the bubble but probably in SDSU and Bemidji St. That leaves 1 spot for Ft. Lewis or Mesa St. Even if UMD beat NSU today we should get a spot.

I also hope we get the #8 seed. Our best chance to beat Metro is to catch them sleeping. Hopefully, Kearney can beat on them a little today and leavesthem feeling bruised before the regional starts next Saturday. I'll be listening to the selection show on KJJQ tonight.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well we did much better then we all expected as far as seeding goes, and I like having Northern first.  One thing is for sure we won't be heading for California unless the Rabbits from the first part of the season show up in Denver.  I am optimistic that they will.  Only time will tell.  Just a few more hours to wait.

Go South Dakota State University!   ;D

P.S. we just need to put 6 good games together to leave D-II in style! 8)

Comment

Working...
          X