Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Central Regional (time change and results)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Central Regional (time change and results)

Just for fun, here is how I see it.  Metro, UNK, UNO, USD and NSU are in.  SDSU and Bemidji look solid.  8th spot is there for 3 teams Mesa St., Ft. Lewis, and UMD.  UMD's only chance is to win today.  Mesa St. has 2 wins over Ft. Lewis this year and the same overall record so they are probably the 8th seed.

#1 Metro
    #2 UNO
    #3 Kearney (could be #2 if they beat Metro today)
    #4 Northern St.
    #5 USD
    #6 SDSU
    #7 Bemidji St.
    #8 Mesa St. (UMD if they beat NSU)

Ft. Lewis or Mesa St. could be selected ahead of BSU if UMD wins the NSIC.

This would have us squaring of with Kearney in the first round, I'm okay with that.  It would put us in the bracket opposite Metro with BSU/Ft. Lewis/Mesa St./UMD (1 of these teams) and UNO.  I would love to get past Kearney (huge task) and have a rematch with UNO in the semis.  Lot of speculation, I know, we will find out tonight.  I'll be listening on KJJQ.

Final regional ranking just for reference:

1. Metropolitan State 25-2  
    2. Nebraska-Kearney 24-3  
    3. Nebraska-Omaha 20-7  
    4. South Dakota State 25-5  
    5. Northern State 21-6  
    6. South Dakota 19-8  
    7. Bemidji State 19-8  
    8. Colorado Christian 19-8  
    9. Mesa State 18-8  
    10. Ft. Lewis 18-8  
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: North Central Regional

What time is the selection show tonight??

Comment

It's tonight at 9:30 for both the men and the women.

Comment

Thanks WSU FAN !!

Comment

NSU defeated UMD 63-58 knocking UMD out of the post-season.  NSU may move up to #3.

Metro destroyed Kearney again 99-78 this time.  This may drop Kearney a few spots.

Here is my modified best guess with all games complete:

#1 Metro
          #2 UNO
          #3 Northern St.
          #4 Kearney
          #5 USD
          #6 SDSU
          #7 Bemidji St.
          #8 Mesa St.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

sickens me that NSU could be the third ranked team in the region after we beat them by forty points earlier this year. goes to show whats up in the NSIC. any other opinions.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

If they are #3 and we are #6 we should get to play them. Which the way we have been playing it would certainly benefit us to play a team that is potentially weaker.

Comment

Don't put any weight on my predictions regarding seeding.  Its impossible to predict what the committee will do.  We will know in about an hour.

BROADCAST SCHEDULE

Sunday, March 7
                Basketball: NCAA Division II Selection Show.
                Women's Selection Show at 9:30 p.m.; Men's Selection Show at 9:45 p.m.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/athletics/broadcasts/Index.cfm

Comment

#4 SDSU vs #5 NSU
                  #1 Metro vs #8 Mesa St.

#3 UNO vs #6 USD
                  #2 UNK vs #7 BSU

Another good draw for the Jackrabbits!  We match up well with Northern and should be able to beat them.   Metro will destroy Mesa St.  UNO and USD will have to go through UNK.

Comment

We're not dead yet...Still time to make Division II wish we moved up LAST year...
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Granted SDSU did beat NSU by 40 points early in the year, but given the present level of play - NSU winning 17 of their last 18 and SDSU loosing 3 of 4 - would indicate that the team chemistry may be much different the second time around. Guess that is why they still play the game.

Comment

Nagy even seems a little upbeat.  He mentioned Metro as the ultimate target.  Scott mentioned that Wenig's foot is broken and he is out. Can't look past NSU in any way but I don't think we could hope for a much better match-up. We didn't want Metro in the championship on a Tuesday night on their home floor. Now, if we can win Saturday, we get them on Sunday night.

This gives us another shot to salvage the season and leave DII with a little less bitter taste in our mouth.

Men play Saturday, women play on Friday.  No times yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU Fan
                          Granted SDSU did beat NSU by 40 points early in the year, but given the present level of play - NSU winning 17 of their last 18 and SDSU loosing 3 of 4 - would indicate that the team chemistry may be much different the second time around.  Guess that is why they still play the game.
                          How many of those 17 wins are over NCC schools?

Comment

UNO and USD really did get tough draws.  They both beat us twice this year and yet we get a seed 2 spots above USD and UNO only gets the #3 seed.  Tough for me to accept that UNK deserves the #2 seed.  UNO won both the regular season and tournament championship in a much better conference.  

Oh well, I guess 23 previous and 7 of the last 8 post-season appearances gets you somewhere in the eyes of the committee.  I'm not complaining.

NSU fan conveniently failed to mention that the 1 loss in those last 18 games was to a Concordia team that only won 8 games all year. Granted NSU avenged that loss on their homecourt this week. Denver won't be their homecourt. I like our chances.

Comment

As good a draw as we can expect with the way we have been playing. It appears The conference tournaments serve as way for an at large team to play themselves into a bid by winning the conference tournament. The higher seeds are already determined before the conference tournament begins. I'm sure our Coyotes friends are not happy. Mesa State gave Kearney all they wanted in the semi-finals with Kearney prevailing 91-88 in overtime. Hopefully we can beat Northern and Mesa gives Metro a hard game. NSU guy I would hardly compare your last 18 games with ours from a competition standpoint. Let's take care of business and over Northern and repay Metro for that game 2 years ago!

Comment

Working...
                              X