Bad Sportstalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Sportstalk

How come there is no good local sportstalk in this area? Craig and Mike on KWSN are terrible---so dry it makes me sick. The Sportsmax is not what it was when Tom Maxwell was still around---bless Deb's heart for trying---why can't we get some good sportstalk going? Yankton has an ESPN affiliate with two local shows but I've never heard them, we can't get the signal here in Brookings.

Re: Bad Sportstalk

I have tried to get KSWN to consider becoming an affiliate of KFAN based in Minneapolis who had some wonderful hosts and are in Mankato, Fargo and Aberdeen. There reply was our listeners don't want to hear about all the Minnesota Sports chatter. So instead they run National ESPN show all day with the exception of two hours during the day when they have a local show. The real reason is they don't want to work with media giant Clear Channel who owns all the affiliates that KFAN is broadcast on. KFAN does dedicate a lot of time to Minnesota professional and college sports and even has a Packer show for one of our new posters here (poor soul). Last night Dan Barrerto had on Governor Pawlenty to discuss the stadium proposals and John Wooden. Beats those saps on ESPN.

Comment

I'm in Rochester and we have a KFAN affiliate. I listen everyday, when I can. From 6am-7pm they carry local radio personalities like Mike Morris (former Vikes long snapper), Chad Hartman, Dan Barrero and PA and Dubay (couple of sports rubes who like Jimmy "the long-haired loser" Kleinsasser too much. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.kfan.com/main.html

I must admit, I would like to have an ESPN affiliate as I like Dan Patrick and Tony Kornhieser (I believe he is dropping his radio show) and Mike and Mike in the morning. I just don't know if enough South Dakotans are huge sports fans like us who would listen to sports talk non-stop. Marketers would have to convince the stations and advertisers that spending money on their sportstalk product would be worth it. After all, thats what is all comes down to $$$$.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

KFAN is a great sportstalk network. True, they are completely Minnesota based, but just the same they are excellent at what they do. KWSN has some things going for them, but their local sportstalk is lacking, the two hosts are just too easily influenced by friendships and refuse to really delve into a subject and see it for what it is really worth. The ESPN affiliate in Yankton does some good things locally but is new in the game of local sportstalk.

Comment

Working...
        X