KELO TV coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KELO TV coverage

During the broadcast Perry Ford (former Augustana coach) was the color guy. At one point he said 'we' when he was referring to USD. Then he said something about that he was worried he was going to do that. Sort of tells you where his heart was. That Travis guy from KELO who was doing the play by play was hell bent on not making SDSU champions of anything. He said NDSU was the women's conference champion and SDSU came in second place. Even during the men's game he said that if UNO beat Augie and State won, UNO would be the conference champion and SDSU would be second. Boy they hate us.

Re: KELO TV coverage

Perry Ford is probably more connected to UND than USD. I always thought he was a class guy even though he could not get the Augie program back to a winning season. Perry coach at Southwest before going to Augie and before South West he was an assistant at UND.

I think the "we" was a mistake since he acknowledge it. The other guy I know nothing about but maybe he just hasnt done much BB and forgot to do his homework that includes studying the media guides. Watching an ESPN game, you find announcers come up with all sorts of interesting things about both teams, and it usually comes directly from media cards prepared for the game.

My guess its the people who did the media cards that forgot to get info on SDSU.

Comment

Perry got his ass waxed at Southwest and Augie when his teams played SDSU. Make no mistake about it, Perry and the play by play guy enjoyed the fact that USD beat SDSU. Do you know why? Because it doesn't happen very often and USD is generally the underdog. Everybody cheers for the underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack
        During the broadcast Perry Ford (former Augustana coach) was the color guy. At one point he said 'we' when he was referring to USD. Then he said something about that he was worried he was going to do that. Sort of tells you where his heart was. That Travis guy from KELO who was doing the play by play was hell bent on not making SDSU champions of anything. He said NDSU was the women's conference champion and SDSU came in second place. Even during the men's game he said that if UNO beat Augie and State won, UNO would be the conference champion and SDSU would be second. Boy they hate us.

Regardless of their affiliations, which really make not a difference to me, KELO needs to stop getting its basketball announcers from the day labor pool at Jobservice. My god, the sound of children slapping a cat would have made for better commentary than the absolutely stupid crap the KELO people prattled on and on about.

No joke, we muted the game after the first half. It was horrible. If there wasn't that 2 minute delay, it would have been nice to listen on WNAX and watch television instead of suffering with those stooges.

Comment

Right on Buster. Your post reminded me of the delay. The folks at USD were so worried about their image that they made KELO go on a delay in the event USD students acted like USD students.

How many times has the president of SDSU had to send a letter to students reminding them to be on their best behavior?

Did you notice the ROTC unit at the national anthem? They've never done that before, at least I've never seen it. Obviously they (USD) wanted to impress the viewing audience by doing something SDSU has done for decades. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Anyway the USD students didn't know how to react. Hell, they cheered when the ROTC students marched on with the colors and then cheered when they walked off. Where the hell does that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack
            Right on Buster. Your post reminded me of the delay. The folks at USD were so worried about their image that they made KELO go on a delay in the event USD students acted like USD students.

How many times has the president of SDSU had to send a letter to students reminding them to be on their best behavior?

Did you notice the ROTC unit at the national anthem? They've never done that before, at least I've never seen it. Obviously they (USD) wanted to impress the viewing audience by doing something SDSU has done for decades. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Anyway the USD students didn't know how to react. Hell, they cheered when the ROTC students marched on with the colors and then cheered when they walked off. Where the hell does that happen?

I'm not fond of the cheering during, before, or after the colors. I don't like applause after the national anthem. It's just like applause in church for the choir. We're not applauding the singing of the national anthem, as that's not the point.

The thing is, KELO was the first station to give such attention to the "Beat State" t-shirts. It's like spending all your time focusing on the kid making a ruckus in class. It apparently never occurred to people that such attention facilitates the situation.

Comment

Did you notice USD President Jim Abbott sitting next to a kid wearing one of those disgusting shirts? Kinda tells you where the problems at USD start...right at the top!

Comment

Working...
              X