Goodbye D-II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye D-II

We are now a D-I Men's Basketball Program!

Go State!

Re: Goodbye D-II

No doubt a new era and now we can wonder who is on the schedule for 2004-05 and who will we add as recruits.

D2 has been filled with excitement and good basketball, but we want to go forward and not backward.

We should be patient and supportive of where we are going.

Comment

I agree patience is they key word. The 20 win season will be a thing of the past for a while. We need to remind ourselves and those who are critical that this move to DI is a marathon and not a sprint.. We have been blessed with a lot of success for many years and will return to that level over time. Program needs our support both financially and emotionally regardless of the wins/losses.

Comment

And to Augustana and USD, it's a happy goodbye! I, personally, will NOT MISS those ancient rivalries and abuse Jacks Fans take at those events. We won't be treated to crappy seats in the Dome or the Elmen Center and will be treated with the respect we deserve at the much classier D1 programs we will compete against. If USD and Augie wish to continue to act like drunk High School kid's, let them do so without us...Goodbye to the NCC...with a smile on my face

Comment

Re: 20-win seasons...

Here's the progression...you gotta walk before you run, Rabbits...

The goal next year is .500.
          Then .500 vs. D-I competition.
          Then .500 in conference (D-I).
          Then NIT.
          Then NCAA.
          Then Sweet 16
          Then we'll see. It will be incredibly hard to become the next Gonzaga, but not impossible. NOT Impossible.

It ain't gonna happen overnight. But it will happen, eventually, if we hold fast, hold together, and hold on through the coming bumpy ride. A lot of heartache lies ahead, but then a lot of heartache lies behind. I was there in Springfield in 1985 when McDonald got pushed out of bounds at the critical point of the national championship game vs. Jacksonville State. That play gets called the other way, and SDSU rings up its second D-II national championship.

If you don't have high aspirations, you will never reach the heights. There's no guarantee we'll ever see a Sweet 16, but that's not really the point. The point is that we CAN. The goal is the effort itself. That's what the D-I critics will never understand.

Go Rabbits!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Don't let the door hit you in the ass!!on your way to DI you pathetic losers! we kicked your ass in the final two meetings ever!in the span of six days, sticks in your craw dosen't it!! no matter what rehtoric yu come up with in the last 2 games vs. the scumjacks, USD wins and YOU LOSE!! LOL LOL LOL..as for your progression to DI you won't win 20 games in DI in a lifetime you losers..you couldn't even beat Metro..lost your last DII game by 40 points!!we here in Vermillion have been laughing AT YOU for the last 24 hours solid!! great show way to fold you chokers!! hey have a great game next year against Huron University, you play them twice..hope you can beat an NAIA school oops almost forgot they might have to spot you some points afterall your last DII GAME YOU WERE HUMILIATED BY 40 POINTS
            you pathetic saps..we couldn't have asked for a better finish to this season!! suck on the road kill!! Jacks DI maybe against the sisters of the blind! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Comment

coyotelover-

i bet your looking foward to your renewed rivalry with Augie, ha ;D. It's going to be hard for yote fans to judge whether or not your season was a success by not playing the Jacks.

Comment

Who let the a$$hole fratboy into the house?  You better get back to your little frat circlejerk there Biffy and warm up with your brothers for that Upper Iowa or Peru State football game next fall.  

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola
                  Who let the a$$hole fratboy into the house?  You better get back to your little frat circlejerk there Biffy and warm up with your brothers for that Upper Iowa or Peru State football game next fall.  
                  Crashola: I prefer to think of the bleatings of those from the lesser institutions in the state as being cries for help.

Which I feel smugly superior about ignoring. I counsel you and others to do likewise.

Go State! Biggest and Best.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Geez

I thought I was bad. coyotelover blows me out of the water.

Maverick

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                      Crashola:  I prefer to think of the bleatings of those from the lesser institutions in the state as being cries for help.

Which I feel smugly superior about ignoring.  I counsel you and others to do likewise.

Go State!  Biggest and Best.
                      I know, I know. I'm usually the first to warn against feeding trolls, but I wanted to get just one little slam in before I went to bed . . . 8)

Comment

A coyote referring to SDSU as losers? Look around you pal .... 100 years from now USD will still be in Vermillion. Your alumni don't need to send you money. What you folks need are U-hauls so you can move that small school to a nice place like Springfield.

Far across the plains of Brookings,
                        Far as I can see ... dum de dum dum dum
                        Stands an old abandoned outhouse
                        Called the University ... it's in Vermillion

Goodbye!

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/photo?...to&prov=ap
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

CoyoteLover, I'll give you your 2 wins this year but your record in Men's and Women's BB and Football over the last 4 years is 5-16. Nice rivalry you guys have been, it's been nice beating you every year. Maybe USD fans need to start supporting athletics in every aspect, not just for the SDSU game. I'm told that's the only game that fans care about and show up for. Pretty pathetic to center your athletics around the SDSU games when you have only 5 wins out of 21 over the last 4 years. Good program...

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Lover
                              Don't let the door hit you in the ass!!on your way to DI you pathetic losers! we kicked your ass in the final two meetings ever!in the span of six days, sticks in your craw dosen't it!! no matter what rehtoric yu come up with in the last 2 games vs. the scumjacks, USD wins and YOU LOSE!! LOL LOL LOL..as for your progression to DI you won't win 20 games in DI in a lifetime you losers..you couldn't even beat Metro..lost your last DII game by 40 points!!we here in Vermillion have been laughing AT YOU for the last 24 hours solid!! great show way to fold you chokers!! hey have a great game next year against Huron University, you play them twice..hope you can beat an NAIA school oops almost forgot they might have to spot you some points afterall your last DII GAME YOU WERE HUMILIATED BY 40 POINTS
                              you pathetic saps..we couldn't have asked for a better finish to this season!! suck on the road kill!! Jacks DI maybe against the sisters of the blind! LOL LOL LOL LOL
                              This is a perfect reflection of the average USD student, fan, and alumnus. I think we need to save this post forever as a reminder as to why we got out of a conference where numb-minded, immature, mediocrity seeking average Joe's like this are the norm. Thanks for the confirmation Coyote lover.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X