Basketball alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball alliance

An interesting thread over on Bisonville says that we are working on a pseudo conference with some of the other Independents:

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1082071550

I think it is a good idea.  I still want to join an established conference for basketball with an automatic bid to the Big Dance. This pseudo conference would help with scheduling until we get our invite. My guess (or hope) is that it will help us for this coming season.

Go State!

Re: Basketball alliance

It should defintitely help out NDSU's DI opponents for the 2005-2006 schedule.

Number of DI opponents not nicknamed Jackrabbits for the 2004-2005 season for NDSU (men and women): 0 :-/

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
      It should defintitely help out NDSU's DI opponents for the 2005-2006 schedule.

Number of DI opponents not nicknamed Jackrabbits for the 2004-2005 season for NDSU (men and women): 0  :-/
      Wow, really?    I know our men are playing at Fresno State in a tourney, and at Butler for sure, and Tennessee State has been rumored.  Coach AJ johnston was on KWSN this after noon and he hinted that the man have more then that and said the Women have 12-14 D-I games right now.  He listed Wisconsin-Green Bay, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Ball State, you (NDSU) and a tourney at Northern Ill.

Not to worry my Bison brother.  Your AD has put together a really good I-AA schedule and many of those games came around late.  I am jealous of your (4) I-AA games at home.  Things will work out!

Go State!

Comment

This may be our only way to fill out a schedule in 2004/2005. Disheartening to hear Nagy say that UNI will not play us because of the number of Iowa kids on are squad. That is about as chicken**** as the position USD is taking.

Comment

Yea... UNI may have to become the new USD, I suppose the panthers arent happy about SDSU recruiting all of their kids. Come on UNI... you were in the "big dance" this year, I wonder what are they scared of ? (Saturday night in Frost Arena-thats what)

Comment

The Bison women were supposed to play Maryland and Marshall next year in a Maryland tourney, but Maryland backed out this week for fear of what would happen to their RPI. : One year of purgatory, I guess. 2005 should be easier because the RPI won't take as much of a hit. Maryland and West virginia are on the Bison women's schedule for 2005-2006.

Comment

Basketball alliance

With the ongoing departure of many of the Univ of Minnesota Basketball players I hope we get a chance to play them. Stan Gaines is the latest to leave the program. Dan Monson will be coaching his last season. I would like to see some of the area Big 10 and 12 teams on our schedule after we are a full fledged DI team in 2005/2006.

Comment

Working...
              X