GDT: First Round Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: First Round Bye

A place to post progress in the games this week.
    #hashtagsneeded
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

GDT: First Round Bye

The most underrated part of the first round bye: getting to watch playoff games nonstop like it’s the first round of March Madness.

CAA teams all got worked and the worst game of the day was Delaware vs JMU. Goodness. A decent offense with a good defense will take out JMU, or ndsu is gunna mollywhop them. My money is on Colgate taking them out though. How fun would it be for the CAA to go from 6 teams in to one or none left going into the quarters. That would be a historic choke job by a conference.

JSU vs ETSU was a blast to watch in the second half. What a game. Will be interesting to see how JSU handles the snow in Maine. If they can run on them they should be OK but I don’t trust their qb Cooper. Guy is as up and down as a UNI season.

Didn’t get to catch much of Wofford. One thing I’ve noticed about them and Kennesaw are that they tend to start really, really slowly and then pull way away the later the game gets. Hell, KSU was in a tight game with a DII early this year until the second half of I remember right. If we face either team we need to get up on them early. Their offenses aren’t built to make a comeback, much like ndsu. Woffy was trailing at half by a Elon team completely decimated by injuries, including their star qb and rb. Not to mention with how the CAA looked today, letting one as depleted as Elon hang around isn’t the best sign. I do think they are very capable of taking out what I think is a overrated KSU squad though.

Duquesne was able to get their star back rolling and Towson’s passing attack was completely shut down by the monsoon they were playing in. Tbh if the weather isn’t what it was I doubt Duquesne pulls it off. They had a huge score at the end of the half that really sparked them, they weren’t getting anything done before that. Once they got momentum Towson crumbled. We should be able to completely outclass them on the lines, I don’t think they’ll fair very well against a team like ours that can run the ball real well and is good against the run. As long as we can not get burned by the play action too much, I really like our odds at shutting down their stud back, especially with the way that Snyder has been playing downhill and hitting like a freight train. Duquesne will be playing with a ton of confidence, and that can make them dangerous. Another game where we need to jump on them early or it could be a dogfight. Hopefully a bye to get healthy and seeing them beat Towson by 21 will have the guys focused and not looking past them.

God it was a fun day watching football. If you spent the day watching fbs y’all missed out big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Re: GDT: First Round Bye

Anyone have news on CJ Wilson? Seems like he should be ready to go by next weekend, but I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        God it was a fun day watching football. If you spent the day watching fbs y’all missed out big time.

I don't know, watching the Gophers FINALLY beat the Badgers after 15 years of losing Paul Bunyan's Axe felt pretty good as a MN native. I kept an eye on FCS games, but the Gophers reaching the magic number of 6 wins like that was something special!
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          The most underrated part of the first round bye: getting to watch playoff games nonstop like it’s the first round of March Madness.

CAA teams all got worked and the worst game of the day was Delaware vs JMU. Goodness. A decent offense with a good defense will take out JMU, or ndsu is gunna mollywhop them. My money is on Colgate taking them out though. How fun would it be for the CAA to go from 6 teams in to one or none left going into the quarters. That would be a historic choke job by a conference.

JSU vs ETSU was a blast to watch in the second half. What a game. Will be interesting to see how JSU handles the snow in Maine. If they can run on them they should be OK but I don’t trust their qb Cooper. Guy is as up and down as a UNI season.

Didn’t get to catch much of Wofford. One thing I’ve noticed about them and Kennesaw are that they tend to start really, really slowly and then pull way away the later the game gets. Hell, KSU was in a tight game with a DII early this year until the second half of I remember right. If we face either team we need to get up on them early. Their offenses aren’t built to make a comeback, much like ndsu. Woffy was trailing at half by a Elon team completely decimated by injuries, including their star qb and rb. Not to mention with how the CAA looked today, letting one as depleted as Elon hang around isn’t the best sign. I do think they are very capable of taking out what I think is a overrated KSU squad though.

Duquesne was able to get their star back rolling and Towson’s passing attack was completely shut down by the monsoon they were playing in. Tbh if the weather isn’t what it was I doubt Duquesne pulls it off. They had a huge score at the end of the half that really sparked them, they weren’t getting anything done before that. Once they got momentum Towson crumbled. We should be able to completely outclass them on the lines, I don’t think they’ll fair very well against a team like ours that can run the ball real well and is good against the run. As long as we can not get burned by the play action too much, I really like our odds at shutting down their stud back, especially with the way that Snyder has been playing downhill and hitting like a freight train. Duquesne will be playing with a ton of confidence, and that can make them dangerous. Another game where we need to jump on them early or it could be a dogfight. Hopefully a bye to get healthy and seeing them beat Towson by 21 will have the guys focused and not looking past them.

Thanks for the breakdown. Wasn't able to watch any games due to work, but was surprised by some of the scores. Honestly didn't think there was a chance we'd be playing Duquesne, but I'm happy that we are. An easier game should be a nice primer for a playoff run and hopefully correlates to the starters taking less of a beating than they would in a hotly contested game.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            hopefully correlates to the starters taking less of a beating than they would in a hotly contested game.
            Stig: "hold my beer"

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Stig: "hold my joose"
              fixed it

Comment

Working...
              X