National Letter of Intent Signing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Letter of Intent Signing Day

Wednesday, April 14, 2004 is the spring National Letter of Intent Signing Day for mens and womens basketball. We should have a good idea of how are first DI recruiting class has shaped up sometime Wednesday. It will be interesting to see who the new Jacks are and where they come from. Does anyone know how many scholarships we have to offer to new athletes this year ?

Re: National Letter of Intent Signing Day

Originally posted by Rabbit74
    Wednesday, April 14, 2004 is the spring National Letter of Intent Signing Day for mens and womens basketball.  We should have a good idea of how are first DI recruiting class has shaped up sometime Wednesday.  It will be interesting to see who the new Jacks are and where they come from.  Does anyone know how many scholarships we have to offer to new athletes this year ?
    I am really looking forward to Wednesday.  Dose anyone know what time SDSU will announce?  As far as numbers go.  Moving up from D-II to D-I means that we move up from 10 - 13 schalorships.  Due to the 5/8 rule I believe we have 4 to give.  We already have a commitment from Landon Scott and rumor has it that Matt Cadwell will also be a Jack so that leaves 2 spots open. (assuming we fund all 13)

On the Women's side we can go from 10 - 15.  I am not sure if they have a 5/8 rule so I am not sure how many we can offer.

Here is a link to a site that shows the scholarship limits between D-I and D-II (please note that the I-AA football limit is 63):

http://www.campuschamps.com/scholarships.shtml

Go State!

Comment

Thought I would add a little about the 5/8 rule for those who might have questions. Simply put a College or University can offer no more then 5 scholarships in one year and no more then 8 over a two year period. Here is a story that goes into a little more detail:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../21787798.html

Wednesday, July 23, 2003
      Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

`5-8 RULE`: NCAA bylaw criticized

Scholarship limit makes life tougher for college coaches

By STEVE CARP
      REVIEW-JOURNAL

. . .the NCAA's "5-8 Rule," which limits a school to five full scholarships a year and no more than eight over a two-year period. . . .

Go State!

Comment

Looking back to the Letter of Intent Day for Football, SDSU posted the list about 3:00pm. The time probably depends on when all of the expected letters actually arrive. I understand that they are usually faxed in first thing in the morning, frequently by the athletes high school coach. We will just have to keep watching the SDSU web site unless someone knows of an earlier way to find out and can post it here.

Comment

You guys should be able to sign five since it's your first year of DI, at least that's how I understand it. Also, you can't split scholarships in DI, except for I-AA football.

Comment

NDSU_grad,

You could be right that we have five to give, if last year does not count. That being said we still may only want to give four this year so that we are able to give four next year. Hard to say, but I guess we will know tomorrow.

Go State!

Comment

According to Craig and Mike on the afternoon talk show on Radio 1230 (KWSN) http://www.kwsn.com/
              in Sioux Falls, there will not be any signings to be announced tomorrow for the women's team since they filled all of the slots in the early signing period in the fall. I believe they said there were two signed from Minnesota as well as the one from Sisseston and one from Huron.

Scott Nagy is going to on their talk show tomorrow afternoon to talk about the men's signings. The show is 3-5 but there wasn't any indication what time Nagy would be on. I will be at work and can't listen. Arron Johnston is scheduled to be on the show Thursday.

Comment

Good stuff Rabbit74!  Thanks for the heads up.  Hey are you the same Rabbit74 that has already registered? If not please feel free to register (although you might need a different user name), and become a full member of our little Jackrabbit family!  We would love to have you!  ;D

Go State!

Comment

89Rabbit, I am the same Rabbitt74 that registered earlier and messed up some way and can't get back in or re-register. It keeps kicking me out because my email address is already on the list. If I figure out how to get around the problem without getting a new e-mail address, I will register again.

Comment

Rabbit74,

You may want to fire off a message to Tony at:

diaafootball@diaafootball.com

I think he can help with your issue. Either way keep on posting. It is always good to have another voice on the board! ;D

Go State!

Comment

Here is the breakdown of the Women's signings. Again, nothing new but here are all the names in one place.

http://www.depotradio.com/sports.php

SDSU WBB…In the early signing period last fall, four high school standouts signed national letters of intent indicating they will enroll at South Dakota State University next fall and compete for the Jackrabbit women's basketball program. Signing in the fall:
                      • Courtney Grimsrud, Sisseton, S.D, Sisseton High School;
                      • Angie Hugoson, Granada, Minn., Fairmont High School;
                      • Isha (pronounced EYE-sha) Vanterpool, Huron, S.D., Huron High School; and
                      • Andrea Verdegan, Glen Flora, Wis., Flambeau High School.

Go State!

Comment

Here is the link to the Craig and Mike show if anyone wants to listen to Coach Nagy this afternoon.

http://www.kwsn.com/stream.php

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Not that we care anymore but here are the Coyote signees. Nobody of any size.

Jessie Becker 5'11 Osseo Mn, (first team all state)
                          Colby Fitzgerald 6'3 Dell Rapids
                          Aaron Green 6'4 transfer from North Dakota State
                          Dustin Little 6'5 Castlewood
                          David Nour 6'1 transfer from Dakota Wesleyan

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                            Here is the link to the Craig and Mike show if anyone wants to listen to Coach Nagy this afternoon.

http://www.kwsn.com/stream.php
                            Is anyone connected? I can't seem to get the site to work.

Comment

I'm connected but no audio yet.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X