Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State

Huge game. No other way to put it. If we win, we can win out and get a seed. If we lose, we have to win out just to make the playoffs. Illinois State is a 2.5 point favorite. We'll see how this team reacts without their backs to the wall.

Re: Illinois State

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Huge game. No other way to put it. If we win, we can win out and get a seed. If we lose, we have to win out just to make the playoffs. Illinois State is a 2.5 point favorite. We'll see how this team reacts without their backs to the wall.
    We usually don't follow up a dud with a dud, but then again we usually don't play @Cedar Falls and @Normal in back to back weeks, either. Hopefully we have a better game plan on offense for this one and maybe get a player or 2 back from injury.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      We usually don't follow up a dud with a dud, but then again we usually don't play @Cedar Falls and @Normal in back to back weeks, either. Hopefully we have a better game plan on offense for this one and maybe get a player or 2 back from injury.
      Hoping for at least 1 of Weir or Genant back. Anyone know how serious their injuries are?

Comment

What concerns me is how much the performance at UNI was a "dud" vs a product of our injury situation. If it's the latter, and we don't get some guys back this week, it could be rinse-repeat in Normal. I'm hoping it was just a dud.

Comment

Hoping for at least 1 of Weir or Genant back. Anyone know how serious their injuries are?
          On his radio show Stig said that Weir is out - he can only lift 20 lbs with the injured arm. Genant and Wilson are both doubtful. They brought Wilson along to UNI hoping he might play, but he was worse on Saturday than he had been during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            On his radio show Stig said that Weir is out - he can only lift 20 lbs with the injured arm. Genant and Wilson are both doubtful. They brought Wilson along to UNI hoping he might play, but he was worse on Saturday than he had been during the week.
            Well that's not good. Hopefully the young linemen got some good experience against UNI and play better this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              What is Wilson's injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                What is Wilson's injury?
                If I remember correctly it's a thigh bruise.

Comment

Going to be a really tough game. I think we will need to be +2 in the turnover margin to win this one. Not terribly worried about out defense, think we will be able to hold them to 17-24 points. Not sure what to expect from our offense. If we can give Christian some protection I think we can have some success throwing the ball, don't think we are going to get much on the ground. But I have a feeling Christian may be running for his life a lot again.

Comment

I think we come out with more energy in this one. Have to finish drives and take care of the ball and we should have a decent enough chance.

Comment

I hope to see a better performance from the offense. Were they that bad because UNI was the good? Was it because they were (arguably) without the top two OL and top two RB's?
                      I just heard Eidsness on the Sports Show. He said that we got down and had to throw the ball. We were down 7-3 and halftime. We were down 14-3 with 23 minutes left. We were down 9-14 with 6:30 left in the game. I guess I think if we have much of an offense at all we should not feel like our playbook should be thrown out the window that early. I guess to some people if you are down by more that 1 score you need to throw out the playbook.

Comment

Just my opinion, but getting a seed seems like a long shot at this point.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          If we win out, it's not a long shot at all, more of a certainty. Unless you are basing that opinion on the assumption that we won't be able to win out?

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I hope to see a better performance from the offense. Were they that bad because UNI was the good? Was it because they were (arguably) without the top two OL and top two RB's?
                            I just heard Eidsness on the Sports Show. He said that we got down and had to throw the ball. We were down 7-3 and halftime. We were down 14-3 with 23 minutes left. We were down 9-14 with 6:30 left in the game. I guess I think if we have much of an offense at all we should not feel like our playbook should be thrown out the window that early. I guess to some people if you are down by more that 1 score you need to throw out the playbook.
                            We gave up on the run, not because of time and score, but because we averaged 2.5 per carry. Mikey needs to have shoulders square. He is not a guy that can put his foot in the ground and turn it up field. I thought Pierre was tentative after getting rocked a couple times. We need CJ back in a big way. A swing pass or screen to him can lead to a big play w/ CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Agreed. Maybe if everyone is healthy, I'd feel better about this weekend. And although our schedule does get quite a bit easier after next week, it's still the Valley, and we could still drop another game, especially if we don't get healthy.

If we win out, I think we might be on the 6/7/8 seed line. Maybe a shot at top 4 if we get a lot of help from Wofford, Weber, Towson, Cal Davis, etc.

I also don't know that we would be a seed if we finish behind UNI in the Valley. Assuming both win out, we'd be 8-2 and they'd be 8-3, but behind them in the conference standings. Would the #3 Valley team get a seed before the #2? I'm not sure. There's a lot that can happen between now and November 18th. I would say a seed is anything but certain, even if we win out. Too many moving parts within the conference and nationally to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X