Improvement Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvement Week

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss what's been going well, and what might be our weaknesses after two games.

Additionally, I'll list some FCS games happening during the bye week that we should all be tuning into.

I'm concerned that we still haven't played against a starting QB yet. That, coupled with our fairly pedestrian (so far) pass rush is still major cause for concern. Two games isn't much to go off of, but while I think our d line looks more athletic and better overall than years past, I'm not sure if that looks like it's translating to QB hurries (yet).

There's not and lot else I've seen that has me concerned, but feel free to chip in. So far, everything had looked great on the whole, but we still haven't faced a QB that will challenge our D. I think our run D is great and will set us up to do very well in the MVFC. I'm just still not convinced that we've gotten better at getting off the field on 3rd and long, until we've seen the D do it against an O that's capable of converting those kinds of plays.

Some games of interest:
    Maine @ CMU: Black Bears have been a pleasant surprise out of the CAA and would place themselves firmly in the top 5 if they can get their second FBS scalp of the year in Mount Pleasant Michigan.

Delaware @ NDSU: Still not sure the bison have been tested yet, and I'm really not sure UD is the team to do it. But it's the old guard vs the new regime, and it should be a fun game.

Idaho @ Cal-Davis: Vandals need a victory bad, but Davis has looked like a top tier Big Sky team thus far. Of Idaho loses, they would basically need to win out to male the field.

Sacramento state @ Montana: Big time playoff implication game for both teams. Sac state has looked decent, and Montana has looked inconsistent.

Re: Improvement Week

The "Competition" the Jackrabbits have faced so far, is my biggest fear going into this game. Not that the Bizun have faced world beaters, either...but it's definitely going to be a big step up in difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      I'm concerned that we still haven't played against a starting QB yet. That, coupled with our fairly pedestrian (so far) pass rush is still major cause for concern. Two games isn't much to go off of, but while I think our d line looks more athletic and better overall than years past, I'm not sure if that looks like it's translating to QB hurries (yet).
      The pass rush has had its moments (Tolu's forced fumble last game being one of the highlights), but I understand your rationale for concern. Interested to see the Bison offense without Urzendowski, who seemed to have a knack for making a catch when they needed it against the Jacks. Given their WRs' nominal production thus far, it would seem like stopping Anderson and containing Stick in pocket will be key.

Comment

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I have a certificate for $5 off a $25 purchase at the Stadium Store and a pass to the Wellness Center I am willing to part with.

They don't combine discounts at Stadium Store, so my Jackrabbit Club discount will almost inevitably be greater than the $5 off, and I will not be able to make it to Brookings to use the Wellness Center pass.

If you're in Sioux Falls, I can give either to you in person. Otherwise, I will be at the next home game by 4pm CT (on the east side, although I am willing to venture over to the west side if need be). If you are interested, feel free to send me a message to coordinate logistics.

Comment

Working...
        X