Matt Jones transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Jones transferring

My brother, an SDSU alumni, has heard that Matt Jones will be transferring from SDSU. Any truth to this???

Re: Matt Jones transferring

Let me guess he is moving to Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes
      My brother, an SDSU alumni, has heard that Matt Jones will be transferring from SDSU.  Any truth to this???
      Isn't this like the 107th time that someone has asked this question? On National Letter of Intent day, Mike Henricksen of KWSN asked Coach Nagy point blank if Matt was going to transfer. Coach Nagy said no.

Now that I think about it, didn't you ask the question on National Letter of Intent day? Are you going to ask it every few weeks in hopes of making it come true?

I've got one for you, my Uncle's friend went to USD and he heard that USD was going to drop down to NAIA because they are having some many problems with Title IX, is that true or are they going to stop at just cutting baseball? :

Comment

It was you. How many times are you going to ask the same question?

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...50;start=15#15

Go State!

Comment

My brother doesn't post to this board. Said he heard it at work in Huron. I know I was yanking your chain earlier, but this time am simply following up a comment I heard at a family get together this weekend. I am guessing just a rumor, but was wondering if any others had heard the same.

Comment

Sorry if I came across as testy, but truly, I think every fan in the NCC has heard that Matt is coming to their school at one time or another, and has posted that rumor here.

Comment

Probably wishful thinking on the part of all non rabbits. I would guess that Boots could probably find a spot for Jones at the U.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

I've got one for you, my Uncle's friend went to USD and he heard that USD was going to drop down to NAIA because they are having some many problems with Title IX, is that true or are they going to stop at just cutting baseball?  :
                I think you could make a better case for the possibility stated above.

2004-2005 USD Men's Roster:

7 seniors
                4 Juniors
                6 sophs.
                4 Freshmen

21 Players (How many scholarships can they give?)

2004-2005 USD Women's Roster:

1 Senior
                2 Juniors
                6 Sophs.
                1 Freshman

Looks a little lop-sided to me.......can you spell Title IX?

I think NAIA would be a perfect fit for the "Prairie Dogs"
                Yes TALON, the name is already taken in South Dakota.

Go Jacks

Comment

I can get the first half

H-O-R-S-E-_-_-_-_

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes
                    I can get the first half

H-O-R-S-E-_-_-_-_

GREAT! That qualifies you for the coaches job for USD's equestrian team! Oh, wait a minute, Usd doesn't have an equestrian team. Never mind!

You know what, I hear you won't have a baseball team either next year. That just doesn't seem right.

Maybe "prarie dog" sled racing will catch on there. You could run them around in the grain bin. Naw it'll never catch on. I'll keep thinking.

Go State!

Comment

I suppose a transfer could occur, but that risk is what Coach Nagy has to deal with every player on his roster. This is the reason he holds weekly meetings with each player.  When Nagy was an assistant under Jim Thorson, I think he found out how valueable these meetings were as Jim was not a good communicator and he probably still wonders why his contract was not renewed. I think as an assistant Coach Nagy probably got more conversations with unhappy players than he was expected to receive.

Matt Jones, healthy, is a dynamic athlete and certainly one of the best at SDSU, but if his health situation is not resolved, the institution who receives his transfer  will not receive the real deal.  

My reaction is sit back and relax and if Matt has made this choice, we all should wish him good luck.  

An interesting thought has crossed my mind and that is the one year sit out rule. Since SDSU leaves the NCC in May of this year, would this rule still apply?  After May 31, we are no longer a member of the NCC. Would this apply to a Jones transfer to USD or MSU-Mankato.

Comment

Matt's not going anywhere!! My wife who is also an SDSU grad has personally spoke with Matt and he is actively looking for a place to rent here in Brookings for this coming school year.

GO JACKS
                        Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16
                          Matt's not going anywhere!!  My wife who is also an SDSU grad has personally spoke with Matt and he is actively looking for a place to rent here in Brookings for this coming school year.

GO JACKS  

Thanks for the update and welcome to the board SDSU16. Always good to have another rabbit in the Den! ;D

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16
                            Matt's not going anywhere!!  My wife who is also an SDSU grad has personally spoke with Matt and he is actively looking for a place to rent here in Brookings for this coming school year.

GO JACKS  
                            SDSU16:
                            I wish to express my thanks for your candid update and welcome aboard. Some of these old rumors continue to circulate and circulate. :-X

Comment

Unfortunately, it appears that Matt's health will probably not allow him to play this fall.
                              It may change, but doesn't look good.

Comment

Working...
                              X