2005 Jackrabbits/Wolves game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Jackrabbits/Wolves game

I saw on the NSU womens basketball schedule that the Rabbits are coming to Aberdeen next January 3rd. I'm really glad we get to play one more year but with the Rabbits D1 move I'm afraid it will probably be the last time.

Re: 2005 Jackrabbits/Wolves game

I took a quick peek at some of the other area D-I schools, seems like most of them play an in-state D-II school or two. In the future those games will be played at Frost or maybe in Sioux Falls, but the SDSU vs NSU game may go on longer then you think. I hope so, NSU will be my favorite D-II program in SD.

Go State!

Comment

Mine too. ..NSU is a pretty classy program, I think that game will go on as long as the NCAA allows it to.

Comment

Yeah, it should go on. Nothing like pounding them year after year. Especially last year, twice in one year. It stays funny because Northern thinks that they have a chance before every game, but then sees how stupid they were in the first half. Theres nothing like seeing those losers get beat time after time.

Comment

rabbitfan ... that was a stupid post ... go sit in the corner.

Comment

Ok, maybe that last post was a little mean, but you have to see my point. The last time that northern beat us was in 1998, and God knows how long it had been before they had beat us before that. I'm not sure how much of a rivalry that can really be considered, but maybe next year will be different.

Comment

A thought that crossed my mind is that there may have been a home and home contract just signed last year or year before and the game in Aberdeen is the final full-fillment of that contract. It may have been cheaper to to go to Aberdeen than to pay our way out of the committment of the existing contract.  We would have to have reimburse Northern for their travel and any other terms in the contract if we had wanted to get out of the contract.  

I was under the impression that the football contract with Northwest Missouri was a home and home and that SDSU would have to travel to Maryville this year.  As it turns out one of two things occurred here. 1. it was a one game contract in which SDSU paid a guarentee or 2. This year after the D1AA decision was made, we reimbursed NWMSU for all travel to Brookings last year, and maybe more, and we got out of the contract.

I think the transitition to D1AA does provide some unusual circumstanstances in that home and home contracts in general are good if you stay D2, but if you make move to D1AA like we are doing, there are some pre-exisiting contracts that may have to be honored such as playing in Aberdeen in 2005.

BTW Northern has been a quality opponent and keeping them on the schedule is good thing to quote some blonde lady.

Comment

I applaud NSU for continuing to take on a tough schedule. I took a look at some of the NCC schools that have their mens schedules out which include UND,St Cloud and UMD. UMD is traveling to Metro State and plays NDSU while UND has a typical cupcake schedule while St Cloud also does nothing to test themselves in the pre-conf schedule. I hope State has both Augie and MInn State on the schedule.

Comment

There might be a problem playing the Wolves this season.
                  That is the same date the Jacks are scheduled to play San Diego State. Rescheduling with Northern might be tricky.
                  The Jacks will also join NDSU in a February tourney in Florida.

Comment

Working...
                  X