Ben Beran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Beran

Just thought you guys might be interested to know Ben Beran is playing in the Prime Time League this summer.  This league was started by former Iowa coach (and current Drake coach) Tom Davis as a way to provide his players and good  local high school players with some good competition over the summer.   Here's a link to the homepage. Prime Time League

Re: Ben Beran

Ben is currently tied for sixth place in scoring after just one game.

24 points
    11 rebounds
    2 assists
    78.57% (fg)
    100% (ft)

Looks like some really good competition for Ben. He will stay sharpe this summer!

Comment

I think Ben has a lot of potential and will be a force in DI as he continues to mature and get even stronger. He has been through a lot of emotional strain with the unfortunate accident his father was in.

Comment

At UNO game in Omaha, Ben's aunt and uncle sat in front of me and were very cordial people and we had a great conversation. I was told that Ben father had went to Kirksville Missouri to watch Ben's older brother play for Truman State late in December or early January. On the way home Mr. Beran's van hit some ice and overtunred. Ben's father is now a parapelegic and its been kind of tough adjustment for the entire family that has a good sized farm operation.

I glad Ben is playing summer ball. His uncle thought that he would be the one person in the family who would take over the farm operation after he finished his career at SDSU.

I thought Ben, Jake and Joe were all D1 transfers from Drake the first time I saw them play. No question these three will be the force in D1. The summer league can only develope Ben's skills.

Comment

Would be interesting to know how the rest of the Jacks players spend their summers. I would imagine there is not a lot going on in Brookings in terms of BBALL in the summer other than Nagy's camps. Usually some good ball going on at the Y and some of the Clubs around Sioux Falls. Minneapolis has some excellent summer leagues. Now that Matt Cadwell has completed his baseball season maybe he is playing in one of those leagues. Incidentally Matt was first team all metro in baseball as a pitcher.

Comment

From being in the same golf group with Coach Larson, last week he told me that Coach Nagy and he would split up and go different ways for recruiting purposes. Coach Nagy was going to the big Doug Koster Tourney in Kearney Neb and the Nike tourney in Las Vegas, Coach Larson going to the tournies in Sioux Falls and Omaha and other AAU tourneys etc.

I never thought to ask about the existing roster and their summer plans. I wish I would have as Coach Larson would have given a direct answer.

We have an excellent assistant and I told him I was glad he was on our staff and not competing against us as he was at Morningside.  I mentioned that I followed the career of Matt Devro who played one year at Morningside and finished at UNL. Troy felt that Schiderman who finished at UNI was a little better of a player. Both would have been great inside players for SDSU had they not transferred to UNL and UNI. They would have forced Josh Cervney to work harder.

I think that the fact that the coaches are splitting up covering the bb camps will help in covering more ground for recruiting purposes and Scott and Troy seem to work together in a very efficient manner.  

Well I guess we know at least two of last years roster are not in Brookings, Ben Beran and Andy Moeller.

From what I was told Andy was not in Brookings and left as soon as his last test was written, and the news article that hit the Mankato paper was news to a number of people in HPER.

Comment

I know Ben was in town Friday because he and Andy Kleinjan were officiating our son's basketball game at the SDSU team camp.

Didn't get a chance to talk to either of them. Don't know if he was just back to help with the camp or is staying the summer in Brookings.

Ben looks to be in great shape.
              Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

I hope Ben develops a mid-range jumper to go along with his excellent play with his back to the basket. He is a little undersized for the 5 spot but could easily fill the 4. He has the intensity and desire to really make a difference for this team. We need a great effort out of every player every day this coming year.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                X