Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance

NCAA reports SDSU led the nation in D2 attendence in men and women in 2003-04.
    Men averaged 3375 per game, the women 2484.
    Nice way to go out!

Re: Attendance

Originally posted by newser
    Nice way to go out!
    WAY TO GO, FANS!

It is a lot more fun to play in front of large crowds. Let's make sure we continue to support our great teams this next year. That is something WE can do to help our programs make the jump. It is easier to recruit players when they know they will be playing in front of large crowds of fans who love them.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by newser
      Nice way to go out!
      Here is a link to the NCAA men's basketball numbers.

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/attendance/

The NCC averaged about the same attendance as the BSC and the Mid Con (2,500) and would be ranked 20th out of 31 DI conferences.  

SDSU averaged about 1,000 more fans than that.  DI average was around 5,100 and DII around 900.  Do our numbers seem closer to a DI school or a DII school??  Our attendance numbers may drop some over the next year or two and we may not average 5,000 a game for some time, but I expect we eventually will.

The figure we need to improve on is the 5,600 per football game.  In 2002 we were closer to 6,000.  This year with only 4 home games we should have a shot at 10,000 if people get out and support the Jacks.  2 of the home games are in September when the weather is great, NDSU is in town in October and will be our #1 rival, and Augie plays on Hobo day.  Is 15,000 per game possible (rhetorical question)  May be artificially elevated but I'll take it.  It would move us up into NDSU's league and get us started towards 10,000 in a regular year.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That is the way to leave D-II, on TOP! 8)

SDSU leads Nation in attendence in both Men's (again)and Women's basketball.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,3713

SDSU Leads Nation In Basketball Attendance
        BROOKINGS, SD – South Dakota State University led NCAA Division II in basketball attendance for 2003-04.

Men AND women.

In statistics released by the NCAA Monday . . .

It’s the sixth time during Scott Nagy’s tenure as head coach that the men have led Division II in attendance. SDSU was first in attendance in 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000 and 2002. . . .

WOMEN- In Division II, South Dakota State captured its first attendance title . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

I just read an article in the Argus about the football game with Southern. I know this isn't the football section, but the article mentioned season tickets for the 4 home games this fall in football amounts to $48. I encourage everyone to break into their piggy banks and pick up season tickets. Let's prove the naysayers wrong, and prove that this move is supported.

Comment

SoDak-You are reading my mind. I normally pick up individual game tickets for football. This year I'm going to buy 4 season tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUY
              SoDak-You are reading my mind. I normally pick up individual game tickets for football. This year I'm going to buy 4 season tickets.
              Me Three!

Go State! ;D

Comment

What a testement to our programs by leading attendence in both Mens and Womens Basketball in DII. The other thing that stood out was on the Mens side 4 South Dakota schools in the top 10. (Basketball is king in the state). On the Womens side 5 NCC schools in the top 10.

Comment

SDSU men's basketball attendance average: 3,375.

Next year's D-I opponents:

Butler: 4,182
                  Manhattan: 1,262
                  Wisconsin-Milwaukee: 4,324
                  Southeast Missouri State: 3,813
                  Denver: 1,569
                  Tennessee State: 3,286
                  San Diego State: 6,701
                  UMKC: 3,074
                  Arkansas State: 5,238
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I imagine the SDSU Athletic Administration is very concerned about attendence this year based on the weak home schedule. We have been very fortunate to have Phenominal home schedules at SDSU and this year will be a real test. I encourage everyone to make their contribution and order Jacks Season tickets this fall as the seat allocation process gets reshuffled and is locked in for three years. You don't want to miss out on some great DI contest in 05 and beyond. Important people show up for this transition year for the players and to keep the money rolling in!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                      SDSU men's basketball attendance average:  3,375.

Next year's D-I opponents:

Butler:  4,182
                      Manhattan:  1,262
                      Wisconsin-Milwaukee:  4,324
                      Southeast Missouri State:  3,813
                      Denver:  1,569
                      Tennessee State:  3,286
                      San Diego State: 6,701
                      UMKC:  3,074
                      Arkansas State:  5,238
                      In the mid and late 90's the Jacks averaged 5,000 plus fans at least a couple of seasons. That would put us near the top of either the BSC or the mid-cont. I suspect we won't reach that this year but we should easily surpass that mark in the years to come.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X