2004-05 season tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004-05 season tickets

Does anyone have any info regarding season tickets for BB? I understand the schedule isn't set yet, but I have heard snipets about possible packages. Any Jackrabbit rube would be foolish not to make the investment towards a future stake in BB season tickets and I am not a fool. Any info would be appreciated.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: 2004-05 season tickets

Doc,

Best thing to do is drop Erin Brecziniski an E-mail at Erin.Breczinski@SDSTATE.EDU she will put you on the mailing list. I contacted here (because I am going to get season tickets this year) and she told me the Football season ticket info would be sent in early July and Basketball would be mid-Sept. Hope that helps.

Go State!

Comment

I called Erin yesterday, The football tickets are on sale now, but the basketball season tickets may not be available until mid-fall. when the home schedule is finalized. I am looking forward to being a first-time season ticket holder!!!! Go Rabbits!!!!!

Comment

Experience allows me to spread these words of wisdom - be patient when ordering your basketball season tickets, be reasonable when requesting seating preference, and be happy with your seats.

If you are a first time basketball season ticket buyer you are pretty low on the totem pole unless you have a large $ amount of qualified Jackrabbit Club donation. I believe this year is a reallocation year for basketball season tickets, which basically means everyone from last year is uprooted and seats are redistributed based on Priority Points. In basic terms, seats are assigned based on seating preference request starting with the highest priority point total down to the lowest. One thing to keep in mind (which many who are unfamiliar with the system or those who are wrongfully informed), Corporate Sponsors are not included in the Priority Point System Allocation. Sponsors seats are tied to their sponsorship level. This does not mean however that a business cannot be part of the system. Many local businesses purchase season tickets but are not corporate sponsors (one has to do more than buy an ad in a gameday program to be a corporate sponsor).

It's a great system for those that know how it works and benefit from it. If you've just started donating and buying season tickets, be patient, you will reap the benefits of you generosity. Also, keep in mind that some of the FES'ers have been sitting in good seats, which means if they drop out the good seats trickle down.

It's refreshing to see that there are new season ticket holders in the wings. You'll have great seats in the future when some recoginizable schools start hitting Frost.

Comment

Exactly my intentions. I will be a first time season ticket holder. I only expect to be able to attend 3 or 4 games at best. This is about future consideration at which time I should be practicing and living in Eastern S.D. There is no better time than right now to get on the fast-track towards the best seats in the house.

Should I be doing the same for football?? I understood that there was not a seating priority for FB.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Learn from jackmd everyone. He's got it figured out. When the faithful day comes that SDSU plays in the NCAA or NIT tournament it will be the long time season ticket holders who will get first dibs on SDSU's allotment of tickets.

Football - no priority seating yet. It comes up every couple of years. With the size of the season ticket base currently, lack of demand, lack of "prestige" seating, and overall availability of good seats, a priority point system hasn't made sense. If/when an upgrade comes that gives some sort of chairback seats, then you'll see a system come into place.

Comment

Catchem:

The Carr report had as a major recommendation of seating priority for football similar to the one operating for basketball. I sure the Admin wants to implement as many of those Carr recommendations as soon as possible. This why $$$$ were spent to have the study completed.

One thing about sitting in the 15th and above row at Coughlin is that the isles are very narrow and there are no hand rails. If you loose your balance and start to fall during an exiting of crowds, especially a large crowd, the falling action could cascade and a number of people being hurt. Handrails and width of isles were not required in the early 1960's when Couglin was built but with current American Disablity Act, and other subsequent federal legislation,I dont think you could get away with such narrow isles if building today.
              The narrow isles and no hand rails are things that are as important as priority seating in my mind.

The addition of back chairs definitely would take some notice and would catch on. The addition of bright Yellow and Blue chairs would really dress up the appearence of Coughlin. Painting the bleachers annually helps but bright color back chairs have a more attractive look.

The point system again would be a big fund raiser and maybe allow the safety problems to be fixed.
              I would like to see these two things done as soon as possible.

The bottom line though is having winning seasons and being competitive. Once that happens, then all these other additions will happen.

The point system definitely has worked with basketball. I was not aware that corporate sponsorships were not included in the point system. This could change though and if it moves me rows back so be it as we have a demanding budget to be funded in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X