March Madness coming to Omaha 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Madness coming to Omaha 2008

There is big news in the Omaha World Herald, but it does not include UNO.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=...;u_sid=1143169

Re: March Madness coming to Omaha 2008

Its incredibly exciting as a fan to have the opportunity to attend any round of the NCAA DI tournament.  Holding games in Omaha makes this a real possibility.  Imagine how great it would be if SDSU could play in the tournament??  (Oh, I guess we can!!!! ;D ;D ;D)  

I hope this doesn't conflict with the DII North Central Regional at UNO (yeah right  :P :P) even if it did with SDSU out of the picture only about 2,000 fans would show up and most would be from Kearney (the closest thing to SDSU in the region).

Here is a story from the AP that better summarized the other cities selected.

NCAA selects sites for men's and women's tournaments

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA on Thursday announced sites for the 2007 and 2008 men's basketball tournaments and the 2005 and 2006 women's tournaments.

The Division I Men's Basketball Committee revealed where the opening round, first and second rounds and regionals will be for the 2007 and 2008 championships.

The play-in game both years will be held in Dayton, Ohio.

In 2007, the opening two rounds will be played at Buffalo, N.Y., Sacramento, Calif., Spokane, Wash., Winston-Salem, N.C., Chicago, Lexington, Ky., Columbus, Ohio, and New Orleans.

The regionals that year will be played in East Rutherford, N.J., St. Louis, San Antonio and San Jose, Calif.

In 2008, the first two rounds will be held at Anaheim, Calif., Denver, Omaha, Neb., Washington D.C., Birmingham, Ala., Little Rock, Ark., Raleigh, N.C., and Tampa, Fla.

The 2008 regionals will be hosted by Charlotte, N.C., Phoenix, Detroit and Houston.

In addition to announcing early sites for 2005 and 2006, the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Committee announced a format change that will have the first two rounds held at eight predetermined sites rather than 16.

The first two rounds in 2005 will be played in Dallas, Minneapolis, Seattle, Fresno, Calif., Chapel Hill, N.C., College Park, Md., Knoxville, Tenn., and Storrs, Conn.

For 2006, Chicago, Denver, Nashville, Tenn., Norfolk, Va., Trenton, N.J., Tucson, Ariz., University Park, Pa., and West Lafayette, Ind., will host the first and second rounds.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
    X