New Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rumor

Nasty rumor floating around brookings is that Andy is transfering to Mankato for his last year. Heard it now from a couple fairly reliable sources (people that would be just as as sad to see him go as all of us) and overheard a couple talking about it downtown this morning. Has anyone else heard anything. ???
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Re: New Rumor

I hope thats not true :'(
    Wouldnt he have announced this during the signing periods we just concluded?

Comment

thats what i thought too and was my comeback for the people who were telling me in the first place. ;D

Comment

I am afraid this one is true. I still hope it is not!
        I heard it a couple of days ago from a very reliable source. I never thought players with just one year left would transfer. Never say never I guess.

Comment

That would be too bad if it were true. It would also be a lousy thing if Coach Nagy wasn't informed before or during the most recent recruiting period. If true, we will get over it. Coach has gotten us out of tougher jams then this. Remember how far he took us in '02-'03 with a banged up team. He held the program together with bailing wire and duct tape. True or not we will be ok. 8)

Go State! ;D

Comment

Mankato would be closer to LaClair Iowa and maybe this would allow his family to see him play, plus the SDSU coaching connection in place at Mankato may be another influencing factor. I enjoyed Andy and thought him to be a great player. Its not the end of the world though if the rumor proved to be true.

I sure Coach Nagy and Larson have planned for these contingency and they have a replacement in mind. I am not worried about the outcome. ;D

Comment

What? He has to announce that hes leaving during the signing period. If he really is leaving I think Nagy would have known about it. If hes leaving when would announce it now? Theres no way its true. Nobody leaves their senior year.

Comment

Andy would probably not make it official (if in fact it is true) until after July 1st. Otherwise he would run the risk of having to sit out a year moving from D-II to
                D-II. D-I to D-II= no penalty.

Andy would let Scott know ahead of time, so he could recruit to fill the spot.

I still hope that it is not true.

Comment

I talked to one of my friends that was told this was true from one of the GA's!!

Comment

Then I, for one, wish him the very best! It had to be a very difficult decision to make. Thanks Andy, for all you've done for SDSU.

GO JACKS!

Comment

So are we also eligible to sign people after July 1st, or are we screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUBBFAN
                        So are we also eligible to sign people after July 1st, or are we screwed?
                        SDSUBBFAN,

Welcome, please take a few moments and register.  We would love to have you as a member of our ever growing family on the board.  

To answear your question, the way I read the NCAA rules we are still ok.  The Letter of Intent signing period is  not over.  The Late signing period runs from April 14th until May 19, 2004.  When it does expire that does not mean that a student athlete could not still chose to attend SDSU.  All he needs to do is enroll.  Basically, if I understand the rules correctly, by signing the National Letter of Intent this allows members of the University to have a certain level of contact with the new player.  The same can be achived by having the new player enroll.

Long story short, it is all about the amounts, kinds, and times of contact that representatives of the University can have with the new player.  It is easier to have the Letter of Intent, but it DOES NOT mean that SDSU would miss a chance to offer a student athlete a scholarship.  If I am correct.

http://www.ncaa.org/eligibility/cbsa/index1.html

Comment

In my opinion this one is pretty hard to take. Andy was not only our best player, but one that i think had the mental toughness to play at the next level. And our leader for next season. Hopefully we can have someone fill in and work through the loss. It should be a hay day for all the D1 naysayers with this coming now. It had to be a hard decision for Andy but with one year left i think he will probably benefit from the move. Mankato just shot to the top of the NCC rankings if this does happen, with Staten and Andy they will be pretty potent on offense.

Comment

What is everyone hearing on the reason for this? Does it have anything to do with Landon Scott coming in next year. It just sounds like they are similar players. Was there a conflict with coaches or other players? This one is hard to take I always liked Andy he was a true D1 caliber guard. The NCC should fear Minnesota St. next year.

Comment

can you say losing season

Maverick

Comment

Working...
                              X