Good week for a couple home duals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good week for a couple home duals

Varsity Home Dual Thursday, 1/18/18, 7pm versus University of Wyoming 'Cowboys' (6-2)

\\\///\\\///

Varsity Home Dual Sunday, 1/21/18, 2pm versus University of Northern Iowa 'Panthers' (5-2)

\\\///\\\///

The Redshirts and non-starters travel to Worthington, MN on Saturday, 1/20/18, to compete in the Worthington Open.

Participating Teams:
    Augsburg College, MN
    Augustana University, SD
    Briar Cliff, IA
    Dakota Wesleyan, SD
    Iowa State University Wrestling Club, IA
    Iowa Central Community College, IA
    Iowa Lakes Community College, IA
    Jamestown College, ND
    University of Mary, ND
    Minnesota State University - Mankato, MN
    University of MInnesota, MN
    Minnesota West Community & Technical College, MN
    Morningside, IA
    Northern State Unatt, SD
    Northwestern Collere, IA
    Ridgewater College, MN
    Rochester Community & Tech. College, MN
    South Dakota State University, SD
    Southwest MN State, MN
    St. Cloud State, MN
    Waldorf, IA
    William Penn, IA

Northern State, SD

Re: Good week for a couple home duals

Jacked Up Monday - 1/15/2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqt1P0_vQPk

Comment

http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...swing.html?m=1

Link to a recap of last weekend and a preview of the crazy hitting Frost this weekend. #getjacked, #11thman.

I really hope we see a strong strong student showing Thursday night!
      Last edited by Jackedforlife; 01-17-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

My biggest question is if Gross did move up to 133, who would take his spot at 133? We really don't have a backup at that spot. Could Andrade cut down to 133? Kahlen Morris move up from 125?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          My biggest question is if Gross did move up to 133, who would take his spot at 133? We really don't have a backup at that spot. Could Andrade cut down to 133? Kahlen Morris move up from 125?
          And what happens if whoever wrestles for Gross gets pinned and Gross drops a decision. That's a 9 point swing. On the flip side if Gross wins a decision and Meredith pins Pohlmeyer that's only a 3 point swing.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            And what happens if whoever wrestles for Gross gets pinned and Gross drops a decision. That's a 9 point swing. On the flip side if Gross wins a decision and Meredith pins Pohlmeyer that's only a 3 point swing.
            This. I'm guessing the Gross/Meredith match-up will only happen if the dual starts at 149 and is out of hand one way or the other after we swing back to the lower weights and complete 125.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Also agree. It isn't like their 133 is a slouch (currently ranked #5).

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                This. I'm guessing the Gross/Meredith match-up will only happen if the dual starts at 149 and is out of hand one way or the other after we swing back to the lower weights and complete 125.
                I also agree with this. It only happens if the match is clearly decided before it gets to 133. And I feel like all this banter is giving all kinds of motivation to their 133 pounder who is #5. Let's hope this doesn't backfire on us/Bono.

Comment

People are talking about wrestling. I think the idea has served its purpose.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

If you need a free ticket for this weekend and you kno2w someone with a basketball season package, there is a free pass for wrestling for Wyoming or UNI. My tickets have a user already.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Remember Bono will do what's right for the team first, he won't risk a conference loss for this. If we want to see this matchup get out and cheer on the other weights so we can be far enough in front.

Regarding Andrade cutting, I don't think that is possible. There are rules on how fast a wrestler can cut weight. I see Morris sliding up or Molitor getting a shot maybe

Comment

I disagree, at the end of the day, what is going to have more impact?

A conference win over a middle of the road Big 12 team.
                        or
                        A nationally hyped match between two of the top wrestlers in the country. TBH, Seth needs a signature, hyped win like this on his resume to be truly considered for the Hodge. Guys like Retherford, Nolf, Nickal, and Snyder are the front runners but with a win like this, Seth could seriously be in the conversation.

IMO, a Hodge trophy does much much more for the program, than a win over a top 20 team. As mentioned before, any talk about this match on this board and nationally is good for the sport and great for the program. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          Remember Bono will do what's right for the team first, he won't risk a conference loss for this. If we want to see this matchup get out and cheer on the other weights so we can be far enough in front.

Regarding Andrade cutting, I don't think that is possible. There are rules on how fast a wrestler can cut weight. I see Morris sliding up or Molitor getting a shot maybe
                          Thought about the rule regarding Andrade cutting but didn't know what the specific rule states. Burning Molitor's redshirt for essentially one match is interesting.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how it is decided what weight the dual starts at. I though it was up to the opposing team coach. If he wants it to start at 125 then that is where it starts. If he doesn't then the starting weight is pulled out of a hat.
                            Am I totally off base on that??

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
                              I disagree, at the end of the day, what is going to have more impact?

A conference win over a middle of the road Big 12 team.
                              or
                              A nationally hyped match between two of the top wrestlers in the country. TBH, Seth needs a signature, hyped win like this on his resume to be truly considered for the Hodge. Guys like Retherford, Nolf, Nickal, and Snyder are the front runners but with a win like this, Seth could seriously be in the conversation.

IMO, a Hodge trophy does much much more for the program, than a win over a top 20 team. As mentioned before, any talk about this match on this board and nationally is good for the sport and great for the program. Looking forward to it!
                              I agree. In the grand scheme of this does it really matter if we win this dual?

Comment

Working...
                              X