MATT CADWELL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATT CADWELL

Matt Cadwell continues to make things happen off the Basketball court. He was first team all-metro in baseball in the Twin Cities and over the weekend scored a touchdown in the Metro vs Outstate Mn all star football game. Some people observed he looks bigger and stronger since the Basketball season has wrapped up. Look forward to seeing him in a Jacks uniform. Sounds like this great athlete could play any sport for us and excell. Do you reshirt him and take our lumps this season or let him play?

Re: MATT CADWELL

Originally posted by JACKGUY
    Matt Cadwell continues to make things happen off the Basketball court. He was first team all-metro in baseball in the Twin Cities and over the weekend scored a touchdown in the Metro vs Outstate Mn all star football game. Some people observed he looks bigger and stronger since the Basketball season has wrapped up. Look forward to seeing him in a Jacks uniform. Sounds like this great athlete could play any sport for us and excell. Do you reshirt him and take our lumps this season or let him play?  
    I suspect Nagy plans to redshirt at least one of the new recruits if not both.  I think Caldwell is more ready for DI basketball than Holdren and I believe we will still sign a JUCO or two.  So, odds are that Holdren will redshirt and Cladwell will play.  He may redshirt both of them.  

Regardless, I still think we will take our lumps this year and probably for a couple of years to come.  Competition against established DI teams will be tough and the teams in the division below us will really be up for the games at Frost.  Add to this the likely drop in attendance and things could be ugly for a year or two.  

Although I will not be able to attend many of the games because of my schedule, I will be purchasing season tickets.  I hope others will consider doing the same.  It will be worth the future consideration it carries with it.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Despite Cadwell's basketball abilities, he should really play on the baseball squad. That's his best sport. Batted close to .400 throughout high school, only lost 1 game in his entire high school pitching career, led his team in home runs for two years and had a career era of under 2. The only reason he didn't play with the 2001 # 1 major league draft pick, Joe Mauer, was Cretin-Derham Hall baseball doesn't let freshmen play on varsity. This is the same high school that produced Mauer, Molitor and Heisman Trophy winner, Chris Weinke. Why is he wasting his time with basketball?

Comment

I would agree with the argument sunshine, but it was obviously Matt's choice. If he wanted to play baseball I am sure he had offers. Sometimes athletes get burned out with a respective sport and just want to get away no matter how successful they are. Or maybe he is thinking baseball is something he can look at after his basketball and college career hear at State. Either way, i am sure i know an amateur team here in Brookings that will make Matt's summer schedule seem pretty busy if he chooses.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

He should consider playing for Lake Norden and let the Cubbies find someone else.  His teammate Matt Jones may be able to help him see the light.  Come on over to the Lakers, Matt, you are always welcome.  Speaking of amatuer baseball, are any of you headed to the state tourney?  I will try to make it to Lake Norden's opening round game as they have qualified.

Here is a summary of their first round game, Matt Jones homered.  Matt Stevenson (SDSU hall of fame and NCC most valuable pitcher) also plays for Norden.  He homered and pitched the team to a state tournament birth on Sunday night.

Lake Norden rolls to District 1B wins

By the P.O. Sports Staff
          Friday, July 30, 2004 11:40 PM CDT

BRYANT - Top-seeded Lake Norden and second-seeded Castlewood each cruised to opening-round wins Friday night in the District 1B amateur baseball tournament.

Lake Norden topped Bryant 13-3 in eight innings and Castlewood rolled over Milbank 12-2 in seven innings.

Ryan Tulson, Matt Jones and Matt Pollock each homered to power Lake Norden (21-6) to victory. Jones hit a three-run homer. Tulson's homer in the bottom of the eighth inning ended the game because of the 10-run rule.

Tulson also doubled twice to pace Lake Norden's 11-hit attack. Brian Pommer, who tripled, and Pollock each added two hits. Matt Stevenson contributed a double.  

Paul Raasch went the distance for the victory, scattering seven hits.

Mike Kroll and Jason Zemlicka each collected two hits for Bryant. One of Kroll's hits was a homer.

In the second game, two big innings propelled Castlewood (19-5) to its victory. The Ravens scored four runs in the third, highlighted by Chad Allen's three-run homer, and six runs in the seventh. Rusty Remmers delivered a two-run double and Ryan Van Gilder a two-run single in the inning.

Billy McElhany smacked four hits including a triple and two doubles for Castlewood. Remmers and Allen each added three hits. Brent and Jerrod Bass each added two.

Wade Heiser scattered three hits with nine strikeouts in the win.

The double-elimination tourney continues through next weekend. Tonight's games (Saturday) will match Aurora and Sisseton at 6 p.m., followed by Clark against Volga.

Lake Norden will face the Clark-Volga winner at 6 p.m. Sunday. Castlewood takes on the Aurora-Sisseton winner at 8:30 p.m. Sunday.

Bryant and Milbank are off until Thursday. Bryant will meet the Clark-Volga loser at 6 p.m., followed by Milbank against the Sisseton-Aurora loser at 8:30 p.m.

Bryant 102 000 00 - 3 7 2

Lake Norden 021 324 01 - 13 11 1

Dave Lusk and Jason Zemlicka; Paul Raasch and Cody Trumm. W - Raasch, L - Lusk. 2B - Lake Norden, Ryan Tulson 2, Matt Stevenson. 3B - Lake Norden, Brian Pommer. HR - Lake Norden, Tulson, Matt Jones, Matt Pollock; Bryant, Mike Kroll.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X