Frisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frisco

I debated starting this thread a week ago and decided against it so I wouldn't jinx the team. My confidence level is so high with this team right now, that I'm just going for it. Mrs. Bits and I will be making the trip to Frisco.

I have been doing some research on various teams message boards and the NCAA website. I'll share the information here to maybe save others some time. Here is what I've found:
    - Tickets to the championship game are officially sold-out. At this time, you can only buy tickets on the secondary market through the NCAA Ticket Exchange or StubHub. Tickets are not cheap and I expect them to only get more expensive with time as either NDSU, travels extremely well, or SHSU, only 3 hours from Frisco, will be in the Championship game from the other side of the bracket. IMO, this will be a seller's market.
    - It sounds like there is a chance that more tickets will go on sale. The stadium was under renovation last year, as a result, all of the end zone seats were under construction and could not be sold. The construction is supposed to be completed prior to January 6th, and it is rumored that those end zone seats could go on-sale to the general public at some point. Keep your eyes open!
    - From what I can find, the school's that make the Championship game are both allotted 4000 tickets to sell through their respective ticket office. I'm not sure when these are made available. I assume it is immediately after the semi-final games are completed, and the NCAA knows which schools will be playing in the championship game. My guess is that you will need to be extremely high on the priority points list to even have a shot at purchasing any from this allotment. SDSU will most likely give administrators, coaches families, players families, chearleaders families, medical staff's families, etc. first opportunity at these tickets prior to offering them to our big $$$ donors. Maybe they will also give priority to the fans that purchase season tickets and then also actually attended all of the playoff games!!! Hey SDSU - this would be one way to help drive playoff attendance in the future!!!
    - I just received an email response from the SDSU ticket office that said "We will do an online request next week for the game in Frisco. More information will be sent out then and will be based off points. It’s hard at this time to determine where in the list you’d be as we won’t know until we see how many requests we get."

Re: Frisco

jfc someone delete this quick before our entire team catches pneumonia or something
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
      From what I can find, the school's that make the Championship game are both allotted 4000 tickets to sell through their respective ticket office. I'm not sure when these are made available. I assume it is immediately after the semi-final games are completed, and the NCAA knows which schools will be playing in the championship game. My guess is that you will need to be extremely high on the priority points list to even have a shot at purchasing any from this allotment.
      I honestly don't think it will be hard to get in on the allotment if you want to go as long as you're a season ticket holder. 4,000 people going from SDSU down to Frisco? We could barely get 6,000 to come to a playoff game where 2 future NFL players were playing their final game. I would be surprised if SDSU even uses all 4,000 of the allotment if that's the number.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        jfc someone delete this quick before our entire team catches pneumonia or something
        Speaking from experience...if you do not plan ahead of the semis...you will pay way, way, way more for everything. Plane tickets absolutely have to be bought before Monday...using the 24 cancellation rule. Hotels are hard to come by now already...at least hotels you want to stay at. I believe tickets were $90/ea or something like that...can't remember...purchased mine months ago. Point is, $90 tickets are near impossible to come by now...and they will only go up. If NDSU makes it, don't look for many tickets to hit the market...meaning prices will really jump. If NDSU loses (and SDSU wins)...prices should be decent...if not cheaper as I would doubt SDSU would travel extremely well. Maybe 5k? Not a dig...just a guess based off playoff attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          I honestly don't think it will be hard to get in on the allotment if you want to go as long as you're a season ticket holder. 4,000 people going from SDSU down to Frisco? We could barely get 6,000 to come to a playoff game where 2 future NFL players were playing their final game. I would be surprised if SDSU even uses all 4,000 of the allotment if that's the number.
          I'm in agreement with this. Even if every player's cousin travels to the game we won't use all of our tickets.

Comment

My company's Christmas party is that night. I've already told the wife if we make it, I'm not going to the Christmas party. I'm not missing this for anything. She isn't sold yet on coming down to Texas with my sister, brother-in-law, and me to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
              My company's Christmas party is that night. I've already told the wife if we make it, I'm not going to the Christmas party. I'm not missing this for anything. She isn't sold yet on coming down to Texas with my sister, brother-in-law, and me to the game.
              Her loss. She should be in the kitchen anyway. J/K. She won't regret going. We drove down last time with our then 8 yr old twins...we were nervous about that long of a drive with two kids (who don't like long drives). It was a great trip for all...and the kids told us there is no way we would ever go to Frisco without them again. My kids are chomping at the bit to go back this year. It is a good time whether you drive or fly...great memories. As the man in the relationship, you need to tell her she's going.*

*Why do I have a feeling this conversation is getting back to my wife?**
              **I'll hear about it if she does***
              ***In the kitchen.

Comment

Looks like it's up to $300/ea on Stubhub for midfield seats.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                  My company's Christmas party is that night. I've already told the wife if we make it, I'm not going to the Christmas party. I'm not missing this for anything.
                  Same. Company Christmas parties happen every year. If we make it to Frisco, who knows when we'll get back. Obviously we hope it's often, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Same. Company Christmas parties happen every year. If we make it to Frisco, who knows when we'll get back. Obviously we hope it's often, but you never know.
                    This is my thought as well. The one other thought that I had, that cemented our decision on going to the game. Even if we do go on a mini NDSU type run (not holding my breath), the first one is going to be by far the most fun/memorable.

Comment

I have about a dozen friends that did not attend the quarterfinal game that are planning to go to Frisco. I think we will travel better to that game than we did for the quarterfinal! That's somewhat embarrassing.

EDIT: I had planned to go this weekend to VA. Alas, that idea was promptly dismissed when raised upon my return home.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I just booked a room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Plano/Colony 10 miles from Toyota Stadium, closest I good get on Expedia, TripAdvisor. I drive 110 miles one way on home gamedays.....
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                          This is my thought as well. The one other thought that I had, that cemented our decision on going to the game. Even if we do go on a mini NDSU type run (not holding my breath), the first one is going to be by far the most fun/memorable.
                          Actually they all start to blend together. See you guys at 3rd Base/Wild Pitch.

Comment

As a DFW Rabbit fan, purchased my tix in AUg. Local microbrewery in town is the Rabbithole. Definitely need to reach out if coming to Frisco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              As a DFW Rabbit fan, purchased my tix in AUg. Local microbrewery in town is the Rabbithole. Definitely need to reach out if coming to Frisco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Any word down there on the construction of extra seating at Toyota Stadium? Is it going to be done? When will they sell those tickets?

Comment

Working...
                              X