• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: ISU Crimson Fowl

#ChuckthePigskin

#StuffthePigskin

#TheNeedforSeed
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: GDT: ISU Crimson Fowl

Let's put this one away by halftime.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      Let's put this one away by halftime.
      Yet keep our foot on the gas...I’m all for grinding it hard, use that run right away to set up the pass. #605hogs are on a roll, let them establish dominance right away.

Comment

Off Topic: Listening to Dari and Mel on ESPN radio this morning and they were talking about Heisman candidates and giving the "poses" instead of roses ala the Bachelor. They ran through all the names and then at the end they asked Mel Kiper about who he would give a pose to if he could, and he mentions Dallas. Said that he has him as #25 on his big board and a 1st rounder. Called him the "Carson Wentz" of another position this year.

Comment

My gut tells me that this game is really going to be the one that tells us what we have for a team moving forward into the playoffs.

Here's my reasons for saying that:
          1. Illinois State is a good football team and they beat us last year at their place. Shouldn't need any motivation speeches just with that fact.
          2. The win last week was massive for this team. The best part of it was the defensive effort. Play like that we can beat anyone.
          3. Coming off the win against our #1 rival last week, having the game against ISU-Red this week, and on the road to a much improved rival #2 in USD next week. They can't be looking ahead, right?
          4. We've laid a couple clunkers on the field. One at home and one on the road against teams that we should have beaten without too much struggle on paper. Are those days done?

Something tells me the Jacks have that all out of their system and are pretty locked in right now. They played their first complete game last week against NDSU and we dominated them. That is the ability this team has. Sure, NDSU didn't play their best but the Jacks play had a lot to do with that. It would be really shocking after the two hiccups early to see them come out and lay a clunker on the field. I'm not talking about a few mistakes of turnovers, those can happen to any team at any time. I'm talking about losing the individual battles all over the field. That would be unacceptable at this point.

Go get 'em Jacks! Hit the Redbirds in the mouth early and often and play with intensity and continue to gain confidence while sending a message to the MVFC and all of the FCS that the Jacks are indeed the team that was picked #4 in the pre-season and that you are peaking at exactly the right time.

The beautiful thing about the MVFC this week is as Jacks fans we have a no-lose situation in Fargo. If the Pups win, then we hold our own destiny in our hands for a 2nd straight MVFC title. If the Fison win, well the Coyotes lose and get knocked down a notch. Seeing the Bison get upset two weeks in a row is unlikely but would set up a really great matchup in the World's Largest Septic Tank next weekend.

Take care of your business Blue! The rest will fall into place!

GBGBGJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Forecast: mostly sunny, high 42, light winds. About as good as you could ask for in a November game day.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Forecast: mostly sunny, high 42, light winds. About as good as you could ask for in a November game day.
              Nice weather = nice crowd? Hopefully fans realize that they can go to both the game and the Foo Fighters concert tonight.
              Last edited by Kemo; 11-11-2017, 12:44 PM.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Nice weather = nice crowd? Hopefully fans realize that they can go to both the game and the Fu Fighters concert tonight.
                I would say that nice hunting weather would do more to hurt our fanbase than the concert. Will having the basketball teams playing last night hurt attendance for those that don't want to make 2 trips to Brookings? Or will people stay home to get projects done during what looks to be the last nice weekend?

Personally, I don't think any of those are valid excuses to not attend the games. I am unable to make the game (who schedules a wedding during the fall sports season), but I did give my tickets to some Jacks fans that are thinking of becoming season ticket holders. I find it hard to believe the holders of the empty seat tickets were unable to sell, or even give away, their tickets.

Fill up the stadium Jackrabbit fans! I will be watching on the phone.

Comment

I’m hoping for 10k. I’ll be there but I’m not expecting a big crowd.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

Fill up the stadium Jackrabbit fans! I will be watching on the phone.
                    I dont think you can beef too much about the low attendance today. Watching on an IPhone? I gave my ticket to my poor nephew and will watch on ESPN3.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I dont think you can beef too much about the low attendance today. Watching on an IPhone? I gave my ticket to my poor nephew and will watch on ESPN3.
                      I will always beef on attendance when it is one of the biggest games of the season.

I changed my mind and am casting my Pixelbook to a television. So at least I will be able to watch it on a 65" TV

Comment

This game has me worried. Sandwiched right between NDSU and USD, and we're playing a good team. Hope we can jump on them early.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Nice weather = nice crowd? Hopefully fans realize that they can go to both the game and the Foo Fighters concert tonight.
                          Parking lots and stadium looking very sparse now. Hopefully some late arrivals get attendance to at least 10k.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            This game has me worried. Sandwiched right between NDSU and USD, and we're playing a good team. Hope we can jump on them early.
                            When your not worried is when I will be worried. As Vader said your lack of faith is disturbing. But I agree. Trap game and a team we struggle with. Last week win makes me feel a little better.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I will be watching at home with our 2.5 week old sleeping on me in the recliner just like last week.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X